Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

$600ish Gaming PC

Last response: in Systems
Share
June 9, 2012 3:21:00 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: Within the next month or two

Budget Range: 650$ max

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, surfing the internet, school work

Parts Not Required: Mouse, Speakers,

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg

Country: USA

Parts Preferences: N/A

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: maybe

Monitor Resolution: N/A

Additional Comments:
These are the parts I -think- are good and somewhat in my price range. If anyone can help suggest anything better and more bang for my buck then it would be appreciated if you could help.

Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower

MSI H61M-E23 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel H61 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

EVGA 01G-P3-1556-KR GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) FPB 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Diablotek PHD Series PHD450 450W ATX12V V2.2 Power Supply

Intel Core i5-2400 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz (3.4GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000 BX80623I52400

PNY Optima 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model MD8192KD3-1333

HGST HDS721050CLA362 (0F10381) 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

LG DVD Burner 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model GH24NS90 - OEM

More about : 600ish gaming

June 9, 2012 4:25:24 AM

ill take this on, as im used to this budget actually brb
m
0
l
Related resources
June 9, 2012 4:30:22 AM

C12Friedman said:
See if there's anything you gain from this article - good insights but keep the Challenger case.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-pc-do-it-you...
have fun


Ironically that's the same article that I used to base it on but it didn't have the power that I really wanted for the CPU so I went with the i5-2400. The Mobo is something that I do not know how to choose so I went with something that my friend had gotten when I built his computer so if there anything you can help with reducing the price, it would have to be the Mobo so that I might upgrade the i5-2400 to an i5-2500k. the GTX 550 Ti is the kind of GPU that is is my price range, I don't want it to cost more than around $150. I would like to have 8gigs of ram but the price is kinda up there and would be very helpful if you could help find cheaper ram that is 8gig.

I would also need the room of 500 GB because I use steam and have wayyyy too many games on there which total on the current partition that I have almost takes up close to 100 gb and it is still growing. Also and cheap SSD that I can purely just have for the OS would also be helpful as I don't know what are effective SSD's with room for Windows 7 OS.
m
0
l
June 9, 2012 4:31:23 AM

dudewitbow said:
ill take this on, as im used to this budget actually brb


That would be very much appreciated if you could help me with this so that I can get the biggest bang for my buck yet still around 600$
m
0
l

Best solution

June 9, 2012 4:36:37 AM

Your hard drive choice 70$
Your mobo choice 70$
Hive 550w psu + Challenger Case 100$
Sapphire 6870 + Corsair 2x4 vengeance 1600 221$
i5-2400 + 24x lg drive 197$

Total 666.62$ with availability for 10$ rebate on gpu. if you want to bring the price closer to 600$, then i can probably cut the gpu down a bit

6850+ ram combo
7770 + ram combo
550 ti + ram combo
560 + ram combo
Share
June 9, 2012 4:39:39 AM

dudewitbow said:
Your hard drive choice 70$
Your mobo choice 70$
Hive 550w psu + Challenger Case 100$
Sapphire 6870 + Corsair 2x4 vengeance 1600 221$
i5-2400 + 24x lg drive 197$

Total 666.62$ with availability for 10$ rebate on gpu. if you want to bring the price closer to 600$, then i can probably cut the gpu down a bit


Oh wow that was fast but yeah I would like to try to keep around the $600 as that is more than likely I am willing to spend on it for now.
m
0
l
June 9, 2012 4:44:39 AM

helpmesuperman said:
Oh wow that was fast but yeah I would like to try to keep around the $600 as that is more than likely I am willing to spend on it for now.


the 7770 GHz combo i linked will have a total of 626.23$(611.23 if the 15$ rebate goes through), the 550ti will just be slightly under it, but I would go with the 7770 at this price point

if you desperately have to cut it down to 600, i can probably diminsh the ram and mobo a tiny bit
m
0
l
June 9, 2012 4:48:33 AM

dudewitbow said:
the 7770 GHz combo i linked will have a total of 626.23$(611.23 if the 15$ rebate goes through), the 550ti will just be slightly under it, but I would go with the 7770 at this price point

if you desperately have to cut it down to 600, i can probably diminsh the ram and mobo a tiny bit


The total being 626.23$ is more than likely the good price that I will go with. I thank you for your help though!
m
0
l
June 9, 2012 4:48:56 AM

Best answer selected by helpmesuperman.
m
0
l
June 9, 2012 4:51:12 AM

dudewitbow, I'm very interested in the build you posted. Would you recommend a different mobo?

I'm just trying to get a diablo 3 max settings pc. Would a i3 2120 be a better option?
m
0
l
June 9, 2012 4:54:28 AM

dudewitbow said:
HOLD it, i realized that mobo only accepts 1333 ram so lemme change that

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...

it should bring the cost down. the h61 board you have wont register the full frequency of the vengeance models


Ah thank you for that because I almost forgot that it uses 1333 ram. I will remember that!
m
0
l
June 9, 2012 4:54:34 AM

judius said:
dudewitbow, I'm very interested in the build you posted. Would you recommend a different mobo?

I'm just trying to get a diablo 3 max settings pc.


you don't really have to change the mobo unless you would rather have 1600 frequency ram. the 7770 should run diablo very easily, and at a low computer temperature as well. you can use an i3-2120 and beef up your gpu, but really its your choice.
m
0
l
June 9, 2012 5:09:20 AM

Sent you a message, any help much appreciated.
m
0
l
!