Too Many Fonts

January 28, 2005 10:43:06 PM

I have way too many fonts installed on my machine - and want to uninstall
most of them in order to speed up my PC. However, I'd like to be able to
reinstall them quickly when I need them. Any suggestions? Thanks........

More about : fonts

January 28, 2005 10:43:07 PM

Just move the fonts to another folder on your computer and you can move them
back when you want to.

"+++Bobby "O"+++" wrote:

> I have way too many fonts installed on my machine - and want to uninstall
> most of them in order to speed up my PC. However, I'd like to be able to
> reinstall them quickly when I need them. Any suggestions? Thanks........

January 28, 2005 10:43:07 PM

I forgot to say that the fonts are in C:\windows\fonts.

"+++Bobby "O"+++" wrote:

> I have way too many fonts installed on my machine - and want to uninstall
> most of them in order to speed up my PC. However, I'd like to be able to
> reinstall them quickly when I need them. Any suggestions? Thanks........

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 10:43:07 PM

In news:C_AKd.4076$1X.2216@lakeread07,
+++Bobby "O"+++ <rmo555@cox.net> typed:

>I have way too many fonts installed on my machine - and want to
> uninstall most of them in order to speed up my PC.

Uninstall them if you want to, but don't expect that doing so
will speed up your computer. It won't.

Please reply to the newsgroup
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 12:05:15 PM

You could also add a font program such as font navigator, It works great. I
have over 30,000 fonts on my machine and I just drag and drop them in at
will using the program. You could also use Adobe's font manager, I prefer
the font navigator myself it is very easy to use. I keep all of my fonts
except for the default windows fonts in a special data directory and never
have more than 500 fonts installed at any one time. It works on all windows
versions.

--
Have A Great Day
Bill M.