Randomly get BSOD/restarts and sometimes I have to fix the BIOS.

daboy

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Not really sure what the issue with my computer is. I recently installed a graphics card and psu in the past couple of weeks. I used the computer without issue and now I keep getting a BSOD/restarts and every once in a while I have to boot to the BIOS and I notice that the order of the graphics card search is not in the original setting. It is an ASUS CM1630. I have used speccy and the card and hdd arent getting too hot. Could I have a bad sector on my hdd? I'm having trouble scanning it.

Solution
Hmm... Do you have more than one memory module? Take them out one at a time and see if your issues go away. If you have two, take out module 1 first and use the machine for a few hours. Then, if that BSODs, take out module 2 and put module 1 back in. That will let you know if your RAM has issues. Some people will tell you to run memtest but it's not always completely accurate and the module test is a pretty good way to see if that's what's causing your issue.

benji720

Honorable
May 24, 2012
It sounds like your BIOS may be resetting itself. Have you tried updating to the newest version of BIOS for your motherboard? Try HWmonitor from cpuid.org and see if you can get chipset temps as well as CPU and HD.

Do you have the old PSU? Consider swapping it back in to see if problems go away. Sounds more like psu than disk, but really could be anything. You have some amd processor, maybe integrated graphics before, 300w psu before. IF you post your AMD and your new card that would help.

Checking Temps ar above is a good idea.

daboy

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
If I put the old psu in would I have enough power for my video card? I am using a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460. It has been updated to the latest version. The CPU is an AMD Phenom II x4 830. I just got the bsod that says memory management. Is that an help?

benji720

Honorable
May 24, 2012
Hmm... Do you have more than one memory module? Take them out one at a time and see if your issues go away. If you have two, take out module 1 first and use the machine for a few hours. Then, if that BSODs, take out module 2 and put module 1 back in. That will let you know if your RAM has issues. Some people will tell you to run memtest but it's not always completely accurate and the module test is a pretty good way to see if that's what's causing your issue.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS