  • Sony Ericsson
Last response: in Brands
Anonymous
June 12, 2004 11:59:31 PM

My service provider has offered me a free upgrade, the Nokia 6600 appeals to
me because of the video, but several posts seem to complain of the ring
tones being too quiet, as the phone is in my pocket most of the day the
ringer needs to be loud, memories of missed calls on my Motorola micro tac
phones still haunt me, having been happy with nokia phones for the past 7
years I do not really want to change, but the Sony ericsson Z600 is on offer
as well, and looks quite good.

Any advice appriciated.

John

More about : nokia 6600 sony ericsson z600

Anonymous
June 13, 2004 9:32:37 PM

6600 has a lot more functionality...
symbian is all that needs to be said

"John C" <oaklandsautos@nospambtinternet.com> wrote in message
> My service provider has offered me a free upgrade, the Nokia 6600 appeals
> me because of the video, but several posts seem to complain of the ring
> tones being too quiet, as the phone is in my pocket most of the day the
> ringer needs to be loud, memories of missed calls on my Motorola micro tac
> phones still haunt me, having been happy with nokia phones for the past 7
> years I do not really want to change, but the Sony ericsson Z600 is on
offer
> as well, and looks quite good.
>

> Any advice appriciated.
>
> John

June 16, 2004 11:09:32 PM

I like Nokia for the same reason I like Mercedes-Benz. Predictable. Go for
6600.

"John C" <oaklandsautos@nospambtinternet.com> wrote in message
> My service provider has offered me a free upgrade, the Nokia 6600 appeals
> me because of the video, but several posts seem to complain of the ring
> tones being too quiet, as the phone is in my pocket most of the day the
> ringer needs to be loud, memories of missed calls on my Motorola micro tac
> phones still haunt me, having been happy with nokia phones for the past 7
> years I do not really want to change, but the Sony ericsson Z600 is on
offer
> as well, and looks quite good.
>

> Any advice appriciated.
>
> John

June 17, 2004 2:13:32 AM

"Hunter" <hunter@goodinfo.co.uk> wrote in message
> I like Nokia for the same reason I like Mercedes-Benz. Predictable. Go for
> 6600.

Really? I never realised that Mercedes made cars that required constant
firmware upgrades, were prone to switching themselves on and off at random
intervals, and when first released were so full of bugs that they were
virtually unusable to many!

However, in this case you're probably right, the 6600 is the more expensive
and more capable handset, but the Z600 is far better built with a better
battery life.

--
>>> Unlock Your Phone's Potential <<<
>>> http://www.uselessinfo.org.uk <<<
>>> http://www.thephonelocker.co.uk <<<
Anonymous
June 17, 2004 10:50:38 AM

Nokia 6600 it is then, thanks for replies.

John