Programs Gone From Taskbar

My friend is running XP Pro and for some odd reason open programs do not show
up on the taskbar. To switch active programs he has to alt-tab through
everything. I tried everything I could think of but with no luck.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks.
CR

Programs Aren't Minimized in the Taskbar (Line 240)

"KiwiGloss" <KiwiGloss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My friend is running XP Pro and for some odd reason open programs do not show
> up on the taskbar. To switch active programs he has to alt-tab through
> everything. I tried everything I could think of but with no luck.
>
> Any Suggestions?
>
> Thanks.
> CR

There is nothing i can open the vbs file in except notepad.

"Taurarian" wrote:

> Programs Aren't Minimized in the Taskbar (Line 240)
>

> "KiwiGloss" <KiwiGloss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My friend is running XP Pro and for some odd reason open programs do not show
> > up on the taskbar. To switch active programs he has to alt-tab through
> > everything. I tried everything I could think of but with no luck.
> >
> > Any Suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks.
> > CR

Instructions on how to use the file were at the top of Kelly's page.

To use the Regedits: Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it and answer
yes to the import prompt. REG files can be viewed in Notepad by right clicking on the
file and selecting Edit.

To use the VBS Files: Download .vbs file and save it to your hard drive (you may want
to right click and use Save Target As). Double click the vbs file. You will be
prompted when the script is done.

NOTE: If your anti-virus software warns you of a "malicious" script, this is normal
if you have "Script Safe" or similar technology enabled. These scripts are not
malicious, but they do make changes to the System Registry.

Disclaimer: These registry edits and script files are presented "as is". Every
effort has been made to ensure the files work as stated. I assume no responsibility
for your use of these files.