No display on screen

proxies

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
I still cant get the PC to display on the screen. I get startup beeep then LEDS light up on all the locations e.g RAM,BOOT & CPU. The motherboard is working fine because when I the RAM and GPU out.. I get the correct beeps.

I have tried everything and have come to the conclusion it is either.. the CPU OR PSU.

What do you think could be causing the display problem and RED LEDS.

Asus Motherboard & intel CPU.

CPU = 3770

Are you using a discrete video card or onboard video?

What kind of motherboard is it and what kind of video card are you using. I was going to say are you putting the video card into the PCI-e 16X slot not the PCI slot? Do you have another video card you can try in the slot or if not maybe you can borrow a PCI-e video card from someone.

also make sure the 4/8 pin pci power conenctor is connected. a lot of people make the mistake of using a pci power plug (6+2) to fill the connector. the power supply should have come with two 4 pin connectors. if your asus mb has the usb flashback port on the mb try flashing the mb to the newest bios. could be the mb missing the cpu code to boot.

Go into the BIOS and make sure the PCI-e slot is enabled it should automatically switch but sometimes it get's screwed up. If everything looks ok there I would try a different video card into the PCI-e slot. If the test video card works than you know you have a video card problem. If it still doesn't work with the test video card then it might be a problem with the PCI-e slot.

proxies

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
I cant get into BIOS thats the point.. theres no display on the monitor.

1- I tried every ram slot
2- I took motherboard out and tried it
3- I took RAM out and speaker made beeps
4- I took GPU out and speaker made beeps

I know I meant using onboard video but I forgot your motherboard has no onboard graphics. I still don't understand that I don't think I've ever seen a motherboard that doesn't atleast have a VGA port but whatever. It's probably a bad video card. I would try a different video card in the slot.

darren0000

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012

your card should work, if your motherboard doesnt have a vga port which i have never seen lol then your card should work straight away using a generic driver, try taking the cmos out for a bit 30 secs and hold the power button. then start agin and see if you get anything to work

darren0000

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
Unplug the four-pin connector from the board completely, and then try to turn on the computer again. If you get the exact same response, this could very well be the problem and you should look into a new PSU

proxies

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012

I unplugged the 4pin, this time the comp starts up and then 5 seconds later shuts down.