How much could I realistically sell this build for?

I am building a new computer, and everything is on the upgrade so I'm going to have a gaming computer lying around but I'm unsure as to how much I could sell it for.

The specs:

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3LR - Motherboard
4 x Corsair 2GB ram ddr2-800 (8GB)
Antec Nine Hundred
Q6600 - with cooler (ZALMAN VF900)
Zotac GTX 470 AMP 2 Edition 1280MB
DVD (super writemaster)
Corsair CMPSU-750HX PSU

I could buy a new HD and windows install if you think that would help it sell. Appreciate any guidance.

The system runs cool (fans), and I can max most games on 1080 like Skyrim, Witcher 2, Max Payne 3 with around 40+ fps.
6 answers Last reply
More about realistically sell build
  1. Seems like a custom build 5 to 6 years ago today id sell one second hand for at least 500..
  2. approximately $300
  3. Do you think I'd get more if I sold it off in parts instead? I know the cpu is holding the system back.

$300? I could sell a few parts on amazon this second for more than that.

I was thinking more along the lines of $500, but then saw a thread on this forum where somebody found a second hand build for $600 which trumps all over mine.
  4. maximum can go upto 400 because more than this why not to build an new i3 rig.
  5. How much you could sell it for is hard to say, you just need to find a good buyer. But I'd pay 300-400 max.
  6. Thanks for the advice. I'll try flog for $500 and see if I can bundle it with my games too which should put the value up.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Computer Systems