Sign in with
Your question
Solved

PSU Wipe-out?

Last response: in Components
October 7, 2012 7:44:53 PM

I'm considerably new to building computers, I hope to build my first computer by christmas. So here's my question/concern. Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply. That is the PSU that will be powering a: 660 non TI, May SLI in the future. ASUS P8Z77-V LK motherboard and an i3 2120*may get an i5 2500k* and Corsair Vengeance 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory. The one thing that concerns me is that something goes wrong with my PSU wiping my whole system. Don't get me wrong I know that Corsair is a good quality company but as a freak accident. If that does happen will the company replace my parts or will I be able to send them in to be replaced or am I tough out of luck? If the problem was soley the PSU. Thanks a ton!

More about : psu wipe

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
October 7, 2012 7:58:07 PM

Your corsair won't wipe out your system unless you plug in the wrong lead into your new motherboard. If you're not sure, have someone build your system for you.
October 7, 2012 8:00:11 PM

o1die said:
Your corsair won't wipe out your system unless you plug in the wrong lead into your new motherboard. If you're not sure, have someone build your system for you.

What do you mean by lead? I know how where to plug in the 8pin plug and stuff into the motherboard and In my case has a guide to installing there LEDs for HDDs and such in there manual. So if thats what you mean Im good with that.
m
l
October 7, 2012 8:48:03 PM

Best answer selected by solomaniac85.
m
l
!