  • Product
Last response: in Brands
Anonymous
June 13, 2004 5:22:42 AM

I have a 6230 and looking into getting a bigger mmc. What is the largest mmc
you can get for this phone that works? i'm in australia and what price
should i expect to pay.

Thanks
Eff

More about : mmc

June 13, 2004 8:26:53 PM

I am also looking for a larger MMC than the supplied 32MB. I have had a
price from an Optus shop in the CBD of Adelaide who quoted me $150 for the
genuine Nokia 128 MB MMC.

I purchased my Nokia 6320 only one week ago, and I have already returned it
and replaced with another new one. I discovered that my mobile
intermittently re-booted itself atleast three times whilst playing AAC
files, and once during the downloading of an incoming MMS. In this case, I
am not prepared to interfere (or possibly cause) further warranty issues by
using another manufacturer's card.

From www.mobile-review.com
The phone is not working well with all manufacturer's memory cards,
sometimes it just can't see them. In our case big capacity cards were simply
ignored.
http://www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-6230-en.shtml
___________________
NOKIA WARNING: Use only batteries, charges and accessories approved by the
phone manufacturer for use with this particular phone model. The use of any
other types may invalidate any approval or warranty applying to the phone,
and may be dangerous. For availability of approved accessories please check
with your dealer.
___________________

"Eff" <buggeroff@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I have a 6230 and looking into getting a bigger mmc. What is the largest
mmc
> you can get for this phone that works? i'm in australia and what price
> should i expect to pay.
>
> Thanks
> Eff

Anonymous
June 13, 2004 8:26:54 PM

U¿ytkownik "Brent" <b1965@tpg.com.au> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
> I am also looking for a larger MMC than the supplied 32MB. I have had a
> price from an Optus shop in the CBD of Adelaide who quoted me $150 for the
> genuine Nokia 128 MB MMC.
>
> I purchased my Nokia 6320 only one week ago, and I have already returned
it
> and replaced with another new one. I discovered that my mobile
> intermittently re-booted itself atleast three times whilst playing AAC
> files, and once during the downloading of an incoming MMS. In this case,
> am not prepared to interfere (or possibly cause) further warranty issues
by
> using another manufacturer's card.

I can have MMC 128 Protec,Kingston for about 70$ if u want....
June 13, 2004 9:21:02 PM

I paid $119 for a 256Mb MMC in Box Hill Central about 6 weeks ago.. hunt
around you might get a better deal by a few $

"Eff" <buggeroff@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I have a 6230 and looking into getting a bigger mmc. What is the largest
mmc
> you can get for this phone that works? i'm in australia and what price
> should i expect to pay.
>
> Thanks
> Eff

Anonymous
June 13, 2004 9:21:03 PM

I think MMC cards are avaiable up to 512 MB

check this dutch site, where i bought mine, out :

http://www.stuntprijzen.net/memory/mmc.html

The 512 MB card is 129 euro, that's about 150 US $

I guess you must have something simular over there.

"GPLama" <gplamaRE@MOVEiinetTHIS.n3t.au> wrote in message
> I paid $119 for a 256Mb MMC in Box Hill Central about 6 weeks ago.. hunt
> around you might get a better deal by a few $
>

> "Eff" <buggeroff@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > I have a 6230 and looking into getting a bigger mmc. What is the largest
> mmc
> > you can get for this phone that works? i'm in australia and what price
> > should i expect to pay.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Eff

Anonymous
June 14, 2004 2:30:17 PM

have seen a 1 gig on ebay, very pricey tho, from memory abt $470
andy

"Eff" <buggeroff@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I have a 6230 and looking into getting a bigger mmc. What is the largest
mmc
> you can get for this phone that works? i'm in australia and what price
> should i expect to pay.
>
> Thanks
> Eff

June 14, 2004 6:30:16 PM

Good, you can be our guinea pig. However your "third party brand" is
really what?
Who is the make?
How much?
Where from?

Remember, I have already returned my 6230 within a week, as it wanted to
intermitently re-boot. Forgive me if I am being cautious, and not wanting
to be the cause of further problems.

Sure, you can replace your "third party brand" with the geniune and say
nothing. However, I also wonder when they service the unit, can they tell
any details on MMC cards that have been installed previously? Does it
record them in any way?
Anonymous
June 14, 2004 10:29:00 PM

Brand: Tekq, 256Mb MMC. $119 from Box Hill Central (shopping centre in
Melbourne east)...

Further investigation I've done... Reading the 6320 manual right now.. Page
3, "Use only compatible multimedia cards (MMC) with this device.".. which
seems to suggest any type of 'compatible' MMC card to be installed. The
benefits overview card states "And for more storage space, simply get
another MMC (64Mb and 128Mb capacities available) and slot it into your
phone!"

Later I find on page 73, "use only batteries, chargers and enhancements
approved by the phone manufacturer. The use of any other types may
invalidate any approval or warranty applying to the phone, and may be
dangerous". I would assume this is aimed at use of other batteries and
chargers, but the 'may' leaves the door open for them to include the MMC I
guess. Page 80, point 7e, is in the same boat. Then again, the MMC isn't
listed as an 'enhancement' in the manual.

As for the device recording what MMC has been in the phone, I'd highly doubt
it... I would expect this to be disclosed to me in writing if they were to
use such information against me in a warranty case...

cheers,
GPL