How do i prevent the My Documents folder opening on Startup

Every time I start my PC up the "My Documents" folder opens automatically,
how can i prevent this from happening.
2 answers Last reply
More about prevent documents folder opening startup

    Hi

    Please try the following link to Kelly's web site:

    Line 255 - right hand side

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    "Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Every time I start my PC up the "My Documents" folder opens automatically,
    > how can i prevent this from happening.

    Phil,

    From a previous newsgroup post by Doug Knox:

    <quote>

    Click Start, Run and enter REGEDIT Go to:

    HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

    Look in the right pane for a value called Userinit. Its value should
    read:

    C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,

    Including the trailing comma. If it reads anything else, double click
    the Userinit value and change it. This assumes that XP is installed on
    C:\Windows. If not, adjust the command line accordingly.

    </quote>

    If that does not help, see what startup applications are running. Get
    the Autoruns utility (as they call "superset of MSConfig") from
    www.sysinternals.com and inspect the startup programs.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Every time I start my PC up the "My Documents" folder opens automatically,
    > how can i prevent this from happening.

Configuration My Documents Microsoft Customization Windows XP