Graphics card not recognized?

zedfonsie

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
I just installed a new graphics card (an asus 5450) and when I went to launch the cd it says "please install vga card of asus". Well it is already installed and I think it is working because I can feel the heat coming off of the heatsink, I used to run an onboard graphics card so do I have to uninstall those drivers or something?

EDIT: I tried booting the computer up through the graphics card vga/dvi but my monitor was still on standby. I then started it in the onboard vga port.

Solution
You might have to go into your bios and disable the onboard GPU. Just make sure you have the card in the right PCIe slot and it is a 2.0. If it is a 1.0 could have problems. since you didn't post your specs.

We don't know what your rig is about. You can also go into the devise manager and under display adapters it will bring up your integrated GPU and you can disable it there.

How bad is the chiped pin? Is it enough that it will not make contact within the PCIe slot? If after trying what I said and no go try it in another PC to see if it works or not. If it doesn't work then you know to RMA it. I do wish you good luck on this.

zedfonsie

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
I think it is, I'm not getting any blinking and there is no signs of my pc going into overload. I might have RMA it because I noticed there is one chipped pci pin, could that be the cause?

DM186

Splendid
You might have to go into your bios and disable the onboard GPU. Just make sure you have the card in the right PCIe slot and it is a 2.0. If it is a 1.0 could have problems. since you didn't post your specs.

We don't know what your rig is about. You can also go into the devise manager and under display adapters it will bring up your integrated GPU and you can disable it there.

How bad is the chiped pin? Is it enough that it will not make contact within the PCIe slot? If after trying what I said and no go try it in another PC to see if it works or not. If it doesn't work then you know to RMA it. I do wish you good luck on this.

Solution

zedfonsie

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012

It worked! I went into bios and switched it to my PCIE and now it works! Thank you sir!