A55m-hvs install problems

vsgviper

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
i have a problem with the onboard graaphics driver.

if i try to install the amd graphics driver i lose both of my optical drives 1 dvd writer and 1 bluray.

i also lose my wireless card edimax 802.11n

i get irq conflicts that cannot be changed bios updated to 1.30

and the system hangs.

if i revert back to standard vga it all works fine?

system spec

a55m-hvs
amd a4 3400
scandisk 120gig ssd
philips lightscribe dvd writer
panasonic blu ray
8 gig of kingston ram
edimax ew 7728n wireless card

Goto the bios, reset to defaults, confirm all OC'ing is turned off, check memory volt and timing - no memory OC, save.

Bring up system without Opticals or USB plugged in. (pull sata cables from opticals, remove wireless card both while powered done - no hot swapping.)

Confirm system works. Add in video driver. Confirm system works. (post if something new fails, else assume working). Shutdown.

Add one optical back? Fail --> bad driver choice for optical or chipset. Try reloading chipset drivers from asrock. Delete optical from device manager, let windows rediscover. Did the optical come with a driver disk?

Repeat for 2nd optical and network.

gl.

vsgviper

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
i have tried what you surgested ad as soon s i connect the dvd writer the system installs ok then it disappears from the my computer screen and is no longer listed in device manager.

within a minuite of this happening the system hangs.

i then startd in safe modeand uninstalled the isplay drivr and the system again is working with standard vga drivers.

any other surgestions would be apreciated

Find a different driver for the DVD writer. See if there is one that matches your version of win (e.g. win7 64bit). The assumption is that there is a bad driver being loaded that is messing with hardware things like IRQs that causes the video to fail. Plugging in the DVD causing the fail after things are working without the DVD points at the DVD driver or related software like chipset driver for sata port.

vsgviper

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
found he problems
power supply was out of phase on the drive output ant the wireless card was only 32bit and was not compatible change both an now works great