Xonar DG 5.1 soundcard sound crashing and stuff

iixwh3l4nxii

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
Well I installed this nice new soundcard but every day i'm getting about 3 crashes with it, it's also crashing my game like San andreas, this never happened when I was using my onboard sound now I get problems like sound repeating, say for example I fire a gun and it sounds like *boom*, all I hear is *bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-* continuously untill I restart my computer, it happens a lot and it's REALLY annoying.

Any suggestions? I got the drivers off Asus's website, I just got Xonar DG 5.1 drivers, they don't have drivers specific to model number, but the model number is:
90-YAA0K0-0UAN0B

I'm using a Turtle Beach x11 headset with it... although I had the problem with my x3's aswell, I doubt it's a headset problem though.

Help? :(

iixwh3l4nxii

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
when you say "model asus ds model sound card for the drivers." what do you mean?
and yes of course i have disabled onboard from the bios.

Also, chipset? my mobo's chipset is an 946GZ, I think it has the most up to date drivers

Try setting GX mode to the exact opposite of whatever its set to now. A few games are REALLY sensitive to the directsound wrapper.

I know older drivers would tend to not clear the sound buffer if a program crashed, leading to the same sound repeating until a restart. Make sure you have the latest drivers installed.

If all else fails, you can give the Xonar Unified drivers a try and see if that works.