Closed Solved

How hot in crossfire

I was wondering how hot cards get in crossfire. Just for example I have a 6770 and it gets to 60 degrees in my case while playing BF3. If I were to add a second card how hot could it end up being in an average gaming situation? Thanks
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about crossfire
  1. Best answer
    5-10° difference is not uncommon but it is all based on the airflow in your Case! 60°C is a very low temp for a card under load, most cards having around 100°C as max operating temp.
  2. Depends on the airflow and space between cards. If the two cards are sandwiched together there could be 10-15 degree difference at least. While rolli59 is correct, I do not think cards should go above 70-75, MAYBE 80 degrees.
  3. Agreed over 80° things are starting to get hot.
  4. So the cards would probably heat up to mid 70's in xfire?
  5. Changes are that the top card will be hotter than the bottom card! It is all a matter of airflow, lower card cool and the top card in the heat of the lower one reaching into the 70's.
  6. ok cool thanks rolli. I have 2 intake (front) 3 exhaust up top/back. I can't really fit a side case fan without macgyver'ing it in and modding the case.
  7. ohyouknow said:
    ok cool thanks rolli. I have 2 intake (front) 3 exhaust up top/back. I can't really fit a side case fan without macgyver'ing it in and modding the case.

No need to mod if they stay under 80°!
  8. Best answer selected by ohyouknow.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Battlefield Crossfire Graphics