Changing Administrative Tools Icon on Start Menu

How can I change the Administrative Tools icon on the taskbar,
underneath the Control Panel - NOT in the Programs folder?

Thank you!
1 answer Last reply
More about changing administrative tools icon start menu

    Hi John,

    Open Regedit and navigate to:

    HKCR\CLSID\{D20EA4E1-3957-11d2-A40B-0C5020524153}\DefaultIcon

    Backup the key to a REG file.

    In the right-pane, set the Defaulticon value

    Example:
    %SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,90

    XP default value is:
    %SystemRoot%\system32\main.cpl,10

    Change to Classic Start Menu and revert back to XP style, for the changes to
    take effect.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "John Smith" <3rtwemte001@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
    > How can I change the Administrative Tools icon on the taskbar,
    > underneath the Control Panel - NOT in the Programs folder?
    >

    > Thank you!

Configuration Control Panel Start Menu Microsoft Customization Windows XP