Sign in with
Your question

I5 2500k Lag! help please x(

Last response: in CPUs
October 7, 2012 10:55:27 PM

OKAY so like.. a couple of months ago my pc could run anything low and get 60-80 fps with a Gts 250 & i5 2500k &, 8gb ram.
then couple months later when i played Arma2 - Dayz. It starts to get low fps spikes. Before i didn't get any lag spikes from it or any game such as Splinter Cell Conviction it was 65 fps for like 4 seconds then it goes to 25. Then it goes to 65 again then it goes to 25 again.... So i run the game and then opened Task Manager. I see that my CPU usage is 50% when playing DayZ, it doesnt seem like such a bad % so i thought my GPU might of fried or something.. So i went to go buy a Gtx 560 I rebooted and everything ran DayZ again on high i got 75 fps then started YELLING YESHH!!
but *** 5 seconds later it went to 29 fps then it goes back to 75. Idk why this is happening! So i opened my PC up and looked at the CPU and the Socket. the CPU seems fine. Perfect actually but one part of the socket has a weird color to it. kind of bright, but the pins are not damaged in anyway.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT SHOULD I DO!

More about : 2500k lag

a b à CPUs
October 7, 2012 11:03:34 PM

Check your temperatures in-game! Use RealTemp or HWMonitor to record your highest CPU temperatures and MSI Afterburner for real-time GPU temperatures.
m
l
a b à CPUs
October 7, 2012 11:06:26 PM

run a ram test
is your hard drive full?
m
l
Related resources
October 7, 2012 11:16:17 PM

kajabla said:
Check your temperatures in-game! Use RealTemp or HWMonitor to record your highest CPU temperatures and MSI Afterburner for real-time GPU temperatures.

It lags even when i turn it off for the whole day. So i doubt thats the problem
m
l
October 7, 2012 11:17:09 PM

neon neophyte said:
run a ram test
is your hard drive full?

No i got like another 450 GB hard drive space left.
m
l
a b à CPUs
October 7, 2012 11:33:35 PM

Your parts heat up within a couple of seconds of starting a game. PC uptime isn't really relevant. Temperature may be the issue.
m
l
October 7, 2012 11:59:08 PM

if your socket has colour to it there are 2 possibilities.

your thermal paste was crap and leaked into it and is causing serious issues

you have some sort of thermal burn and your CPU is malfunctioning.

m
l
!