Performance issue with radeon HD7870

Hi.
I recently bought a new radeon 7870 (upgrading from a radeon 6770) and installed it myself, I found a slight performance issue while playing world of warcraft. My framerate is all over the place, it jump's from 80 fps to 20 fps and everywhere in between with no real pattern to it. I am running the game on ultra preset, with 4x AA. ( on my old card I could run wow like this on a steady 75 fps, this is why I think there may be something wrong.)

Is there something wrong? and can I fix it?

my system specs are:
AMD phenom II x4 840 3.21GHz
Asus crosshair formula IV
8 Gbs RAM
windows 7 64 bit
2 answers Last reply
More about performance issue radeon hd7870
  1. its probably a driver problem. Do a driver uninstall with driver sweeper
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Secure-cleaning/Driver-Sweeper.shtml

and then install the latest drivers from the AMD website.
  2. newbie_22 said:
    Hi.
    I recently bought a new radeon 7870 (upgrading from a radeon 6770) and installed it myself, I found a slight performance issue while playing world of warcraft. My framerate is all over the place, it jump's from 80 fps to 20 fps and everywhere in between with no real pattern to it. I am running the game on ultra preset, with 4x AA. ( on my old card I could run wow like this on a steady 75 fps, this is why I think there may be something wrong.)

Is there something wrong? and can I fix it?

my system specs are:
    AMD phenom II x4 840 3.21GHz
    Asus crosshair formula IV
    8 Gbs RAM
    windows 7 64 bit

No graphics card runs a "steady 75fps" in WoW.....framerate will always vary with detail level (which can vary greatly from 1 zone to the next).
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Performance World Of Warcraft Radeon Graphics