Solved

Skyrim question.

Hi all!

I'm new to this site and i'm quite a noob when it comes to hardware. :D

Ok to my problem. I really want to play skyrim, problem it's really laggy when I play it and i'm willing to upgrade my PC to a point where I can play Skyrim smoothly. Here are my PC specs:

Processor: AMD AThlon II X2 240 @2.8Ghz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8200 (512 MB)
RAM: 1.8G

I don't mind running Skyrim on low so long as the is smooth, the problem is even on low, its very laggy. I think the RAM is the one I need to upgrade but i'm not sure...so should I upgrade my RAM for a lagless gameplay of Skyrim?
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about skyrim question
  1. You need both RAM and a new graphics card. If you're not trying to run it on super high settings, I recommend the gtx 460 for graphics.
  2. new processor, Video card and ram. Upgrade to at least 4 gigs of DDR3 ram, Get at least a GTX460, a GTX660 would be better and buy a 965BE and aftermarket cooler.
  3. Hello and thanks for the reply, but does getting a new processor really necessary?, I know that mine is pretty outdated, but yeah...is it?
  4. your cpu is the main bottleneck, but pretty much the whole system is a bit slow.

The a4 3400 is the equivalent to the atlon x2 240

the chart is done on a 7970 video card and before skyrim's multicore patch, wich pretty much raises the fps ton all quad core cpus, both amd and intel.

If your working with a minimal budget, as stated, get a phenom X4, some more ram, and a better video card in that order.
  5. so getting some more ram and better video card but not upgrading my processor will still put the game on a laggy performance?...sorry if i'm a bit to stupid to quite understand all this stuff. :D
  6. mineralwater said:
    so getting some more ram and better video card but not upgrading my processor will still put the game on a laggy performance?...sorry if i'm a bit to stupid to quite understand all this stuff. :D

yes. Your system will be limited by the processor speed and architecture. It's a budget processor not made for gaming.
  7. yes
  8. I see..with this in mind..I think its better if I just start from scratch and build a new PC...anyway..thanks for the answers you've all been of so much help.
  9. Best answer
    A good start for a tight budget would be the new AMD A10 APU or A8 APU.

you could get by with just the APU (ie cpu + graphics card), motherboard and memory.

would be reasonably priced, and upgradeable.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1076923

The A8 5600k is $20 cheaper also.
  10. Hello again,

i've look into this PC

Processor: AMD Trinity A10-5800K 3.8Ghz(4.2ghz Turbo) APU Buildin GPU HD7660D
    MotherBoard: Asrock AR-FM2A55M-DGS Motherboard
    Memory: Team Elite 4gb ddr3 1333 w/heat spreader
    Hard Disk: Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB Sata 3
    Casing: Core Elite Casing
    PSU: Core elite 600w psu

the CPU is as noob2222 suggested, all this is priced at $320, is it reasonable?
  11. mineralwater said:
    Hello again,

i've look into this PC

Processor: AMD Trinity A10-5800K 3.8Ghz(4.2ghz Turbo) APU Buildin GPU HD7660D
    MotherBoard: Asrock AR-FM2A55M-DGS Motherboard
    Memory: Team Elite 4gb ddr3 1333 w/heat spreader
    Hard Disk: Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB Sata 3
    Casing: Core Elite Casing
    PSU: Core elite 600w psu

the CPU is as noob2222 suggested, all this is priced at $320, is it reasonable?

I've never heard of a "core elite" power supply so that would concern me. Buy a quality power supply from Corsair, XFX, Antec, FSP or Seasonic and scrap the one that comes with that case. Price is good for what you are buying.
  12. Best answer selected by mineralwater.
Ask a new question

Read More

RAM Skyrim Components Product