Sign in with
Your question

Best air-cooling mid tower

Last response: in Components
October 8, 2012 12:44:23 AM

Hey guys,
i'm planning to build a rig that uses a mid tower rather than a full tower.
i don't want any of those water cooling set ups for a mid tower, except for the cpu as i plan to use the h100.
i will be sli-ing 2 gtx 680s (suppose to be used for 2 rigs, but din want to spend on two mobo, cpus etc).
the cases i have in mind ar :
-haf 912
-haf 922
-haf xm
-cm 690 ii advanced
-corsair c70
-nzxt m59 (sorta of the underdog among the other cases)

i LOVE the looks of the c70 but a friend of mine uses the haf xm and says it rocks. but does it have the dust filters?
i would appreciate it if u kept the argument between these two, but if u think one of the other cases above may prove the be a better case for air-cooling, plz mention it.

price is not a problem, the money saved was meant for a full tower ;) 

THANKS IN ADVANCE

More about : air cooling mid tower

a b ) Power supply
October 8, 2012 6:16:23 AM

690 II advanced is also a sweet case but I agree that the C70 is the way to go.
m
l
October 8, 2012 7:21:06 AM

As far as I can tell, all of those cases have some dustfilters but not on every single intake point. You can add/make dust filters. I have the HAF-922 it is a great case.

If you love the c70, and are not overclocking the GPUs too much, I don't see any problems. It looks great and is solidly built and was one I considered for my build.
m
l
Related resources
October 9, 2012 1:39:44 AM

Jay-Z said:
As far as I can tell, all of those cases have some dustfilters but not on every single intake point. You can add/make dust filters. I have the HAF-922 it is a great case.

If you love the c70, and are not overclocking the GPUs too much, I don't see any problems. It looks great and is solidly built and was one I considered for my build.

but even if i do overclock...increasing the fan speed should fix the problem rite?
m
l
a c 110 ) Power supply
October 9, 2012 2:03:50 AM

Antec P280 for silence+good airflow performance.
Antec Eleven-Hundred for extreme airflow and performance.
m
l
!