$1300 Including monitor 1920*1080

joethetfrod

Honorable
May 27, 2012
http://www.coolpc.com.tw/evaluate.php

Im in Taiwan so have limited choice in some areas.

I will be having the system built for me from the above link.

I just want to know if anyone would change any items in my list.

Plus any general feedback about the monitor as this is one area Im a little limited in choice in.

BenQ GW 2450HM VA 1/4ms (24" 1920*1080)

Ivy Bridge i5 3450 3.1GHz

ASUS P8Z68-VGEN3 Mobo

Sapphire HD 7850 2 Gb

DDR3 kingston 1600 2x4 Gb (8Gb)

Micron 64Gb SSD

Seagate 1TB 7200

Antec One case

Antec HCG-520W/80+

Xonar DG sound card

Cheers guys

Joe

Houseboratheon

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
You have ivy bridge with a 68 mobo so you will not get native usb 3.0 support or sata 3 which you would get on a 77 mobo. On top of that you have a locked processor and a mobo made to OC. And yes technically a locked can OC but nowheres near a unlocked. So if you will not OC then get a h77 mobo, if you will then get a 3570k and a z77 mobo plus a aftermarket cooler such as a hyper 212 evo

GeForce6

Honorable
May 30, 2012
Assuming this is for gaming:

i5 3570k if planning to overclock
Asrock Z77 Extreme4 mobo, Pro4 if can't afford
Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB memory
Most say you should get at least 128GB SSD because it's more value for money and you are very limited with such a small SSD. Also, I'd pick a different brand like crucial, OCZ, or corsair
Personally I'd go for a WD Blue or Black TB
Assuming you mean the Antec 100, it's alright but I think it's a little ugly to be honest, and if you can afford something like a CM storm enforcer, you'll probably prefer it. Also it'll be better quality and have USB3
I think you should get at least a 600W PSU, or 650W if possible. If you can afford, get a corsair tx650 for example, try to get one that's bronze certified, so don't get a corsair cx or gs psu.
Unless you're going to pay a huge amount of money, and need it for serious music/audio work, a sound card is pointless. There'll be absolutley no difference from that cheap card and the motherboard's onboard 7.1 audio. As far as I know, there are only a select few amount of games from around 2007-2008 that actually make use of a sound card anyway, so there's absolutely no need for one.

By the way, if this is a gaming rig, look into a better monitor. Everyone knows that BenQ monitors are the cheap crap gaming-wise, unless you get an RL or XL series one. RL is for tactical games like starcraft, XL is for FPS games like battlefield. I believe they do have some drainage of colours at expense of being designed for those games though.

joethetfrod

Honorable
May 27, 2012
Hey guys.

Thanks for replys.

MOBO Changed.

The place only has i32120 and then straight to i5 3450

Im not interested in overclocking.

Ram choices are Trancend/Black/The Team/Umax/Kingston

SSD is for windows only. Unless there are other benifits? I only ever play online games. EVE, BF3, COD, COH, COH2 when it comes out...

Also I have a very limited choice in SSD. - Intel & Scandisk (expensive) OR Liteon/Black/Micron/EZLINK/MemoRight

The case is here: http://circuitremix.com/?q=content/antec-one-gaming-series-mid-tower-case

PSU saying it is bronze Antec HCG520 AP/80+ Bronze

Interesting about the Sound card Ive read that is the case but Ive also read complete contradictions so Im feeling a bit lost. Although the fact that their so cheap now does lead me to believe you could be correct.

Most interesting is the feedback about the monitor.

I have scrapped the idea of a BenQ but have very little choice from this place.

There are some Asus, Samsungs and Viewsonics thats it

Thanks again for your help guys