6820 contact ring tones?

Is it not possible to assign a ring tone per contact? do we really
have to put them in those caller groups and assign the group a
ringtone? gawd I hope not....

TIA! :)

-J
3 answers Last reply
More about 6820 contact ring tones

    On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 07:00:57 GMT, Jennifer <jendai@charter.net> wrote:

    >Is it not possible to assign a ring tone per contact? do we really
    >have to put them in those caller groups and assign the group a
    >ringtone? gawd I hope not....
    >
    >TIA! :)
    >
    >-J
    That's the way Nokia does it for it's 'business phones',as with 6310i,
    6310, 6210.

    Alan
    Take DogForAWalk before replying by e-mail

    Thanks for the response, Alan.

    I was hoping since on the 3650 it wasn't that way, this one would
    follow suit. i didn't realize this was considered to be a business
    phone. :)

    -J

    On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 20:33:57 GMT,
    alan.webb@DogForAWalkblueyonder.co.uk wrote:

    >On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 07:00:57 GMT, Jennifer <jendai@charter.net> wrote:
    >
    >>Is it not possible to assign a ring tone per contact? do we really
    >>have to put them in those caller groups and assign the group a
    >>ringtone? gawd I hope not....
    >>
    >>TIA! :)
    >>
    >>-J
    >That's the way Nokia does it for it's 'business phones',as with 6310i,
    >6310, 6210.
    >

    >Alan
    >Take DogForAWalk before replying by e-mail

    I'm just about to upgrade from a 6800 to a 6820 and kinda hoped it
    would be different - ho-hum!

    Whilst on the subject of groups, is there any way to intorduce more
    versatility in terms of names or the graphics they display?

    TIA,

    JohnK

Nokia