Contact Thumbnail software

Last response: in Digital Camera
July 22, 2005 1:12:54 PM

I am looking for a cheap/free program that can display thumbnail images
in a contact sheet and print it out. The program needs to be flexible
to allow me to select how many I want per page( i.e. 2 columns x 10
rows). I also want to be able to add comments under or next to each
thumbnail, a few lines of text. Utimately, the end product is a
directory with names and addresses and photos for my church.

I have experimented with several image programs, but they do not allow
me to show comments, or they show the thumbnails too large with no
whitespace around them.

I am also working on a version in MS Access in case nothing else pans
out. It is working good so far, but I can only get it to show 1
record/pic per row.

Thanks,
Roger
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 2:40:32 AM

RogBaker@gmail.com wrote:

> I am looking for a cheap/free program that can display thumbnail images
> in a contact sheet and print it out. The program needs to be flexible
> to allow me to select how many I want per page( i.e. 2 columns x 10
> rows). I also want to be able to add comments under or next to each
> thumbnail, a few lines of text. Utimately, the end product is a
> directory with names and addresses and photos for my church.
>
> I have experimented with several image programs, but they do not allow
> me to show comments, or they show the thumbnails too large with no
> whitespace around them.
>
> I am also working on a version in MS Access in case nothing else pans
> out. It is working good so far, but I can only get it to show 1
> record/pic per row.

Irfanview to the rescue again - latest version will let you specify
thumbnail size, layout on the page, thumb spacing, page margins, and
offers complete control over page header and footer, and printed
per-image info including full filespec and properties, EXIF and IPTC
data, special Nikon and Canon file data, page and text color... it's all
there.

www.irfanview.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0529-2, 07/21/2005
Tested on: 7/22/2005 3:40:25 PM
July 23, 2005 2:50:57 AM

RogBaker@gmail.com wrote:
> I am looking for a cheap/free program that can display thumbnail images
> in a contact sheet and print it out. The program needs to be flexible
> to allow me to select how many I want per page( i.e. 2 columns x 10
> rows). I also want to be able to add comments under or next to each
> thumbnail, a few lines of text. Utimately, the end product is a
> directory with names and addresses and photos for my church.
>
> I have experimented with several image programs, but they do not allow
> me to show comments, or they show the thumbnails too large with no
> whitespace around them.
>
> I am also working on a version in MS Access in case nothing else pans
> out. It is working good so far, but I can only get it to show 1
> record/pic per row.
>
> Thanks,
> Roger

Try the Irfanview. It produces the contacts as html.

--
Pea C
(ask me for the right e-mail address)

RogBaker@gmail.com wrote in news:1122048774.021307.191480
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> I have experimented with several image programs, but they do not allow
> me to show comments, or they show the thumbnails too large with no
> whitespace around them.

which programs did you try? You can try if you like MyAlbum.
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/myalbum/

--
Onno Voors
!