Status
Not open for further replies.

gummybear_qc

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2011
hi, i needd better graphics on my laptop. Current card is an Itergrated intel HD. is there any way to add or even replace this card. I just wanna better graphics, simple

Solution
Definite no. Not even through the bottlenecking expresscard slot.

But you can do that with the internal mini pcie, if you remove the wifi card (There is only one mini pcie slot in the laptop, the other one is not soldered with a connector).

Use a mini pcie to pcie x16 adapter (running at x1 speed) and connect a desktop GPU to it powered by ATX PSU with an external monitor. Effectively, you now have a low end desktop.

But who would go through so much work and spend so much money for minimum performance gain, so you are better off buying another laptop.

I think Geek Squard is going to change your mobo to one from an Inspiron 15r with a mobile GPU soldered on. The graphic card is an AMD Mobility HD 5470 which is nowhere near fast.
Definite no. Not even through the bottlenecking expresscard slot.

But you can do that with the internal mini pcie, if you remove the wifi card (There is only one mini pcie slot in the laptop, the other one is not soldered with a connector).

Use a mini pcie to pcie x16 adapter (running at x1 speed) and connect a desktop GPU to it powered by ATX PSU with an external monitor. Effectively, you now have a low end desktop.

But who would go through so much work and spend so much money for minimum performance gain, so you are better off buying another laptop.

I think Geek Squard is going to change your mobo to one from an Inspiron 15r with a mobile GPU soldered on. The graphic card is an AMD Mobility HD 5470 which is nowhere near fast.

Solution

proskillr

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
Unfortunately the graphics card is built into your laptop's motherboard, but you cant just buy a mobo with better graphics because the motherboard is specific to your computer. You are going to have to get a whole new system unfortunately. :,(

Nope. You cannot upgrade the graphics card in your laptop. The vast majority (at least 98%) of laptops do not allow you to upgrade the graphics card.

Only specific models of expensive gaming laptop ($1,500+) allows you the option to upgrade the video card.

If you want better graphics, you need to buy a new laptop.

Geek Squad are idiots thats why they work at Best Buy. If you want help from people on this forum dont tell them they are wrong based on idiots telling you differently. Uness your laptop comes with a mobile vid card already, you cant add or upgrade one. Period. Youd have to change out the entire inside and it probably wouldnt fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.