Change length of quick lauch bar

January 30, 2005 3:08:46 PM

Hi,

I am running XP home edition.
I have always used the quick lauch bar a lot on other operating systems.
Usually I have been able to set the length of this part myself by placing
the cursor over the end of the quick lauch bar and having it change into a
resizing icon and then letting me resize the quick lauch bar easily.

However on xp home the quick lauch bar will not resize, it is presently set
at the default length and show only three icons.

any help appreciated.

many thanks in advance.

cheers

martin.
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 3:08:47 PM

"Martin" <Martin_No_Spam_Wanted@martinz.co.nz> wrote:
> I am running XP home edition.
> I have always used the quick lauch bar a lot on other operating systems.
> Usually I have been able to set the length of this part myself by placing
> the cursor over the end of the quick lauch bar and having it change into a
> resizing icon and then letting me resize the quick lauch bar easily.
>
> However on xp home the quick lauch bar will not resize, it is presently
set
> at the default length and show only three icons.

Right-click on a blank area of the taskbar, unlock the taskbar, then resize
your quick-launch toolbar as desired.
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 3:08:47 PM

Martin,

To adjust the size of the Quick Launch toolbar;.

1. Right click on an open area of your Taskbar.

2. Check to be sure the Lock Taskbar option is turned off. If a check
displays, click once on Lock Taskbar to remove it.

Once the taskbar is unlocked, a size bar displays to the left of the Quick
Launch Toolbar. Another size bar displays to the left of the application
area of the Taskbar. Clicking and dragging the size bar allows you to
resize various areas of the Taskbar.

HTH

--
Sir_George

"Martin" <Martin_No_Spam_Wanted@martinz.co.nz> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am running XP home edition.
> I have always used the quick lauch bar a lot on other operating systems.
> Usually I have been able to set the length of this part myself by placing
> the cursor over the end of the quick lauch bar and having it change into a
> resizing icon and then letting me resize the quick lauch bar easily.
>
> However on xp home the quick lauch bar will not resize, it is presently
set
> at the default length and show only three icons.
>
> any help appreciated.
>
> many thanks in advance.
>
> cheers
>
> martin.

Anonymous
January 30, 2005 3:08:47 PM

In news:%23A$a8dlBFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
Martin <Martin_No_Spam_Wanted@martinz.co.nz> typed:

> I am running XP home edition.
> I have always used the quick lauch bar a lot on other operating
> systems. Usually I have been able to set the length of this
> part
> myself by placing the cursor over the end of the quick lauch
> bar and
> having it change into a resizing icon and then letting me
> resize the
> quick lauch bar easily.
> However on xp home the quick lauch bar will not resize, it is
> presently set at the default length and show only three icons.

Your taskbar is locked. Right-blick on a blank part of it, and
uncheck "Lock the taskbar."

After you've set it the way you want, you may want to lock it
again.

Please reply to the newsgroup