Change length of quick lauch bar

Hi,

I am running XP home edition.
I have always used the quick lauch bar a lot on other operating systems.
Usually I have been able to set the length of this part myself by placing
the cursor over the end of the quick lauch bar and having it change into a
resizing icon and then letting me resize the quick lauch bar easily.

However on xp home the quick lauch bar will not resize, it is presently set
at the default length and show only three icons.

any help appreciated.

many thanks in advance.

cheers

martin.
3 answers Last reply
More about change length quick lauch

    "Martin" <Martin_No_Spam_Wanted@martinz.co.nz> wrote:
    > I am running XP home edition.
    > I have always used the quick lauch bar a lot on other operating systems.
    > Usually I have been able to set the length of this part myself by placing
    > the cursor over the end of the quick lauch bar and having it change into a
    > resizing icon and then letting me resize the quick lauch bar easily.
    >
    > However on xp home the quick lauch bar will not resize, it is presently
    set
    > at the default length and show only three icons.

    Right-click on a blank area of the taskbar, unlock the taskbar, then resize
    your quick-launch toolbar as desired.

    Martin,

    To adjust the size of the Quick Launch toolbar;.

    1. Right click on an open area of your Taskbar.

    2. Check to be sure the Lock Taskbar option is turned off. If a check
    displays, click once on Lock Taskbar to remove it.

    Once the taskbar is unlocked, a size bar displays to the left of the Quick
    Launch Toolbar. Another size bar displays to the left of the application
    area of the Taskbar. Clicking and dragging the size bar allows you to
    resize various areas of the Taskbar.

    HTH

    --
    Sir_George

    In news:%23A$a8dlBFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
    Martin <Martin_No_Spam_Wanted@martinz.co.nz> typed:

    > I am running XP home edition.
    > I have always used the quick lauch bar a lot on other operating
    > systems. Usually I have been able to set the length of this
    > part
    > myself by placing the cursor over the end of the quick lauch
    > bar and
    > having it change into a resizing icon and then letting me
    > resize the
    > quick lauch bar easily.
    > However on xp home the quick lauch bar will not resize, it is
    > presently set at the default length and show only three icons.

    Your taskbar is locked. Right-blick on a blank part of it, and
    uncheck "Lock the taskbar."

    After you've set it the way you want, you may want to lock it
    again.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

Configuration Customization Windows XP