SLI EVGA GTX 680 + i7 PSU Suggestions

beljosh

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012
Hello,

So i am putting together a new machine and am trying to determine the best PSU to go with for this setup. I heard this was a great place to get feedback from people who know more than i do. So here is the build i am thinking about

Processor Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Professional
Graphics Card (2 SLI) EVGA 02G-P4-2680-KR
Sound Card HT | OMEGA eClaro 7.1
Fan/Heat Sync ZALMAN CNPS9500A-LED
Case COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1
RAM G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB)
SSD Of some Sort

So my guess is that i need a 750 -1000W PSU, but which brand.... how much, etc --- really in the woods.

Thanks
-Josh

Seasonic X750
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151087
80Plus Gold, 62A 12V power, 5 year warranty, fully modular 15% off w/ promo code SOCT15, ends 10/8 The very first full modular multi-output ATX, high-wattage power supply that has ever obtained the 80PLUS Gold certification is introduced by Sea Sonic. This coveted power supply is named “X” and is offered in a 750 watt version to fulfill computer enthusiasts’ need for the ultimate power source.

Featuring a pending design of “DC Connector Module with Integrated VRM”, the X Series is set to achieve both near-perfect DC to DC conversion and fully modularized design without compromising efficiency. There's finally a product that delivers the complete package: ultra-high efficiency, greatly improved dynamic response and customizable cable arrangement that is tailored to meet any individual’s needs.

Cheaper price Rosewill Capstone 750W
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182264
Superflower made, 80Plus Gold,modular 64 amps of 12V power, 5 year warranty The Rosewill CAPSTONE series is a premium 80 PLUS GOLD certified power supply that delivers unprecedented performance, uncompromised features with unbeatable efficiency vital to today's high-end system. CAPSTONE's black coated casing and rock touch evokes a sense of high quality. It features active PFC with auto AC-input voltage adjustment (100 - 240V), mesh sleeves on all cables for easier cable routing and better ventilation, and one 140mm fan with auto fan speed control for efficient, silent cooling. Modular cable design helps reduce bulk and clutter inside the chassis. An array of safety & EMI approvals including cTUVus, FCC, CE and RoHS ensures outstanding reliability, durability and eco-friendliness.

Note this is overkill - XFX PRO850W XXX Edition Semi-Modular 80 Plus Silver Certified 850 Watt Active PFC Power Supply http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207017#top The 850W XFX ProSeries XXX Edition semi-modular PSU features DC to DC converter design and a high +12V output of up to 70A to ensure the maximum compatibility and provision of 12V power. It is also AMD CrossfireX ready and NVIDIA SLI Ready certified and comes with 4x PCI-E 6+2-pin connectors, allowing you to build your ultimate multi-GPU gaming power house.