Need help building a PC

anti-form

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
So here's the story.
I want a PC i can use to record with the intensity shuttle (requires usb 3.0)
However i also want it to function as a gaming PC.
I have searched the internet for advice but nothing that has helped me, until i came across this forum.
I figured i would ask all of you what are the best parts for building a good PC that wont break the bank.
I need a large amount of memory (obviously i could buy an external Hard drive with more memory if I need it) and I also want it to be fast and efficient.
What i will be using it for is recording gaming (on console through capture card) and gaming on the PC while recording on the PC.
Besides that, basic internet usage like youtube and such.
I have looked into it but nothing really explains what the parts do and how they work with each other.

I would appreciate the help to guide me in the right direction.

randomkid

Distinguished

It is not a major mistake & you should know it. He means memory as in storage memory. After all, he did say he will buy an external drive.

Hi :)

He used the term incorrectly and both you and I know that....

Which means he does NOT have the ability or KNOWLEDGE to build...safer for him to buy.....

Example....we had a customer come in one of my computer shops on Tuesday who "thought" he could "overclock" and make his tower run a LOT faster by putting an FM cpu into a socket 939 board....

When it, quote" wouldnt fit properly".... he pushed it in a bit harder.... and now the pins are bent".... end quote

All the best Brett :)

anti-form

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012

i am very aware i am not able to build it. im having someone put it together for me and they need to know what i want.

anti-form

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012

hmm thank you i shall repost this question with this template as well

randomkid

Distinguished

The mistake is in doing first before asking.

And that is what to forum is for. Fortunately our OP is asking first & it does not help for you to shun him away.

I understand you make your living by building & fixing PC for others so it does make sense if you just tell someone to BUY instead of BUILD just because he used "memory" instead of "space". I have the ability to read between the lines & I understood perfectly what he means when he said memory in the context of his post.

randomkid

Distinguished
i am very aware i am not able to build it. im having someone put it together for me and they need to know what i want.
That is good. But even if you are alone & want to do it yourself, you can learn from here & in a lot of places. PC building is not as difficult as what others make it appear to be.

anti-form

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012

thank you for the advice, also thanks for understanding me as well. i always do research before i buy something. Obviously im new but thats why i came here to learn what i need to know.

anti-form

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012

this did help a lot here is the link to my new and improved question

1000-1500 gaming PC