Is this normal?

aleeismail

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
I ran prime 95 torture tests and here the maximum temperatures core temp recorded, i want to know how to lower these temperatures as I find them unusual, Im using stock fan and heatsink.

http://imageshack.us/f/221/44534663.jpg/

darren0000

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
follow these steps 1 by 1, clean cpu, fans etc, replace thermal paste, download ccleaner and go to startup, reduce all your startup programs, clean registry, disk cleanup, tak manager and end taks you dont use, run prime 95 if there is no change then increase your fan speeds, if no change replace stock fan with a seuperior fan. let me know how you get on. this always works for me and anyone else i do it for. your temps look fine to me, if there a problem seeing as you have an intel chip, it has a thermal cut off to protect the cpu from heat damage/fried so dont worry

aleeismail

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
-CPU fan is clean.
-Thermal paste ill get one today the arctic ice one and see if there is any difference.
-I have installed new windows so there arent many programs for the start up.
-I tried increasing speed fan but I see no change (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/528/fancontrol.jpg/ )
-yes, I also have set auto shut down when the temperature rises above 100 celsius.

ill post the results in the evening after applying the arctic ice. Thank You

darren0000

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
theres no need to manually set your auto shut down your cpu will do it automatically, its very hard to burn out an intel (quality cpu) artic can lower your temps as much as -10 degrees and most of all keep the temps stable.

darren0000

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
if you have space for a ram upgrade then i would advise doing it if you can that will take more strain of your cpu (NICE CPU BTW) i have the amd phenom ii x4 850 denab version with 8mb total cache, wanna race lol

aleeismail

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
the problem is, when I run something intensive, the temperature shoots and the heat dissipation isnt proper IMHO, eg If i run prime 95 now, temperatures will shoot from 45 C to 100 above within 5 seconds. What problem is that? And since I assebled the PC myself Im afriad whether I missed on something :(

Thank you, I was considering an AMD before but then, Intel has better support here in Asia so I went for intel. currently have Gskill 4gb, ill upgrade them soon but will I have to buy the same Gskill pair? or only the RAM speed etc needs to be matched?

darren0000

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
can u do me a favour, can u send me a pic of what your bios setting look like? also take your heatsink off and smooth out the thermal paste and re-seat your heatsink making your it has full contact with you cpu, also download ccleaner run cleanup and clean registry, also do a disc cleanup

wr6133

Feb 10, 2012
There's no need to add RAM and it definitely will make NO difference to CPU temps.

Better paste may help but unlikely by as much as 10 degrees

If you really want lower temps get a decent aftermarket cooler the stock Intel isn't so great

Your temps are actually ok for a stock cooler Prime95 is meant to stress the CPU far higher than even intensive normal use. AMD and Intel run at utterly different temps they can't be compared.

wr6133

Feb 10, 2012

DO NOT do this

If you remove that heatsink then you clean off all the old paste and apply new paste. Doing what is suggested above is harmful.

darren0000

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
no 1 is comparing intel to amd, amd run much hotter, and for you information i said his temps look fine to me, and adding more ram will take strain from his cpu as the ram caches the information thus less work rate for the cpu thus lower temps, and artic can lower temps as much as upto ten, the stock crap they use is electrically conductive, where as artic conducts heat rather than electricity.

darren0000

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012

lol you dont always need to apply new paste, if he removes it and its dry then yeah he would but if so he would have to replace it anyway, but if its wet he can smooth it out, also what danger is he in by doing what i said seriously?

darren0000

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
Specifications:

Average Particle Size:
<0.49 micron <0.000020 inch
Extended Temperature Limits:
Peak: –50°C to >180°C
Long-Term: –50°C to 130°C

Performance:
3 to 12 degrees centigrade lower CPU full load core temperatures than standard thermal compounds or thermal pads when measured with a calibrated thermal diode imbedded in the CPU core.

artic specs from the people who make the damm thing

Coverage Area:
A 3.5 gram syringe contains enough compound to cover at least 15 to 25 small CPU cores, or 6 to 10 large CPU cores, or 2 to 5 heat plates. At a layer 0.003" thick, the 3.5 gram syringe will cover approximately 16 square inches.

wr6133

Feb 10, 2012
no 1 is comparing intel to amd, amd run much hotter

Err no if my phenom II ran at 100 it would be dead

and adding more ram will take strain from his cpu as the ram caches the information thus less work rate for the cpu thus lower temps

Just plain wrong.

and artic can lower temps as much as upto ten, the stock crap they use is electrically conductive, where as artic conducts heat rather than electricity

I don't dispute that Arctic Silver 5 (note spelling and actually naming a product... what the hell is artic?????) is good but saying it will be 10 degrees lower than the stock paste is exageration.

lol you dont always need to apply new paste, if he removes it and its dry then yeah he would but if so he would have to replace it anyway, but if its wet he can smooth it out, also what danger is he in by doing what i said seriously?

Yes you do as soon as he removes that heatsink he has smeared the old paste all around, created tiny air bubbles all over and introduced god knows what foreign particle shite. Thats basics so I suggest you learn that.

Also please learn to use a spellcheck/proof read what you type.

Anyway why bother with high end paste when he has a stock cooler? Best cooling fix for an Intel CPU is a cheap aftermarket heatsink.

wr6133

Feb 10, 2012

You always believe the sales pitches on makers websites? Your a sellers dream want to buy a spare Eiffel tower I have? Read the review I linked its independent and actually tests the compounds.

darren0000

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
simple as its non conductive, doesn't bleed. in my opinion i have used crap before which then bleed on to the motherboard which been conductive isn't healthy, and me myself have noticed after 200 hour wait for maximum performance you do notice a difference.

wr6133

Feb 10, 2012

You make an informed judgement using the reliable sources available. Clearly the makers of a product wish to make their product appear favourable the data they provide is likely (legitimatley) manipulated or testing methods are stacked to favour them. There is an entire industry dedicated to finding ways to "massage" figures and statistics for companies to make their product appear better.

Now the site I linked explains how and what it did to test each compound so we have a clear method, it clearly has no affiliation to a particular compound (or at least not one we can see) and it provides us the data without any kind of massaging so we can see the clear results. It is more reliable if you want to know how a compund actually behaves in a real world situation than the makers site.

wr6133

Feb 10, 2012
I dont dispute AS5 is better than intel stock just not by 10 degrees when using a crappy Intel stock cooler. Also the OP's temps are not terrible (remember he is running prime95 using a stock cooler and Intels stock cooler is simply sh@t) if he wants a meaningful way to lower temps he would be best suited getting an aftermarket cooler (and some AS5 to go with that :) )