DDR Installation

malachi

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2001
Hello everyone. I am in the process of building my own computer, and I purchased some DDR Ram from Crucial (used the website to select the correct ones for my motherboard) to go with my asus a7a266 motherboard. I have a question about installation. I've put ram in before, and it's pretty easy, although with this I am having trouble. I put it, but I can't get the ejectors to lock it in place. It appears I am not getting it down far enough, but I am hesitant to push down hard as I didn't think that would be required so I think i may be doing something wrong.

atavus

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2001
Make sure you don't have the ends switched. That may be obvious, but otherwise you just have to use your judgement with how much pressure to put on the chip.

<b>P</b>eople for the
<b>E</b>ating of
<b>T</b>asty
<b>A</b>nimals

mpjesse

Splendid
DIMMs are a pain in the ass when it comes to installation- don't be afraid to use force. I've had to apply tons of force to get one of those suckers in before. Just make sure your applying equal force throughout the DIMM.

-MP Jesse

"Signatures Still Suck"

macodi

Distinguished
May 24, 2001
You might have to remove the mobo and put it on a flat surface like a table and then you can push really hard without feeling like the mobo will snap.