msdetect

wkdetect shows up as a checked entry in msconfig | startup folder even
after it is unchecked and computer rebooted. even after deleted it from the
registry.
i have word-i seldom use, notepad-i use a lot, and MS Works Calendar. I can
find no where in these programs a place to uncheck a command for checking
for Works updates.

My question: Can wkdetect be deleted permanently without affecting any of
the MS software installed on my computer?

--
--------------------
TerryH

"TTT" <wn@gtemail.net> wrote:

>wkdetect shows up as a checked entry in msconfig | startup folder even
>after it is unchecked and computer rebooted. even after deleted it from the
>registry.

Try to find an option to disable this in Works. Also see "PI: How to
disable the Automatic Update Feature"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308588). Further help is available
from news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.works.win.

--
(tm)

TTT,
Happens to me, also.

I cannot find an option in Works to turn to turn update off

The KB reference is to Picture It!

Perhaps we should refer this to the works.win newsgroup
--
Cheers,
Trevor L.

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

"Trevor L." <tandcl@homemail.com.au> wrote:

>Perhaps we should refer this to the works.win newsgroup

Do so. They may know more there.

--
(tm)

TRENDING THREADS