Sign in with
Your question

Newegg sent processor with bent pins

Last response: in CPUs
October 8, 2012 8:43:13 AM

I received an amd a4-3400 apu with bent pins. I called newegg got an rma quickly and even though its sent out they refuse to replace it even though its within 30 days. I called amd and they're warranty doesn't cover defects in their products like bent pins. What am i supposed to do in order to have a working cpu or get it replaced. I'm not one to generally complain but neither company seems to care whatsoever.
a b à CPUs
October 8, 2012 8:49:46 AM

Newegg should take it back. try again and hopefully you get someone else respond.

Kick up a fuss!
m
l
a b à CPUs
October 8, 2012 9:00:54 AM

All depends on who you get on the other end and how you word it man. Keep trying to get someone but don't be rude to them, never be rude to them thats the fastest way to get them to say no.
m
l
Related resources
a c 78 à CPUs
October 8, 2012 10:06:21 AM

In my experience with Newegg, they've been pretty good about taking things back (even CPUs). If it was shipped damaged like that, you definitely shouldn't just accept it. If they shipped UPS, I believe packages are automatically insured up to $100. The shipping is most likely where the damage occurred, not by Newegg. You might consider pursuing that avenue if you can't get newegg to work with you. Although fair warning, UPS is self-insured, and notorious for it being difficult to make them cough up the cash. You might have more luck with newegg. The nuclear option is small claims court.
m
l
a b à CPUs
October 8, 2012 12:17:03 PM

Most likely you bent it and you know it. If so suck it up and accept responsibility.

If not try again. Do a chargeback if necessary.
m
l
a b à CPUs
October 8, 2012 1:17:02 PM

Why can't you straighten the pins yourself? Unless the pins are bent right over then with a little bit of patience you can straighten them yourself.
m
l
October 8, 2012 2:07:44 PM

Great video, Regor. I've straightened a few pins in my day but never seen a broken one done that way. And it worked!!! Filed for the future although I hope it never happens...
m
l
a b à CPUs
October 8, 2012 3:37:53 PM

Jackel231 said:
I received an amd a4-3400 apu with bent pins. I called newegg got an rma quickly and even though its sent out they refuse to replace it even though its within 30 days. I called amd and they're warranty doesn't cover defects in their products like bent pins. What am i supposed to do in order to have a working cpu or get it replaced. I'm not one to generally complain but neither company seems to care whatsoever.

I hope you paid with a credit card. You could always call up and refute the charges because of a damaged product. I am sure Newegg won't like this but they are there to support their customers.
m
l
a b à CPUs
October 8, 2012 3:56:45 PM

mi1ez said:
Newegg should take it back. try again and hopefully you get someone else respond.

Kick up a fuss!

This is completely false. The OP agreed , in advance, to be bound by the Newegg CPU warranty which states that:

•Any CPU that is physically damaged
•Improper installation of CPU fans and/or improper clocking may cause CPUs to chip. CPUs that are chipped, burnt or have bent/broken pins are considered physically damaged and cannot be returned for refund or replacement. Physical damage includes (but is not limited to) improper handling and any other type of damage sustained by irregular use.

Will not be accepted for return.
m
l
a b à CPUs
October 8, 2012 4:01:48 PM

^ /shrug I got my athlon 2 x3 returned with no troubles at all, paid for return shipping also. ^
m
l
a b à CPUs
October 8, 2012 7:15:18 PM

ram1009 said:
This is completely false. The OP agreed , in advance, to be bound by the Newegg CPU warranty which states that:

•Improper installation of CPU fans and/or improper clocking may cause CPUs to chip. CPUs that are chipped, burnt or have bent/broken pins are considered physically damaged and cannot be returned for refund or replacement. Physical damage includes (but is not limited to) improper handling and any other type of damage sustained by irregular use.

So you are saying that if you receive a product from a company that is physically damaged you should just eat that loss?
m
l
a b à CPUs
October 9, 2012 7:39:31 AM

ram1009 said:

Everything you quoted implies user error rather faulty goods. Besides, I've heard of plenty of people doing it.
m
l
!