Looking for critique of $1100 Gaming Build

mihaus

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
I am looking to do my first home build and have set myself a budget of around $1000-$1200 for the build. I am mainly going to be using this build for gaming, and as such want it to be able to run all the current and future high end games smoothly and with great fps.

I don't want to be upgrading any of my components right away, and hope that this build will be able to last me a few years before coming too outdated.

I guess I am hoping that some of you with more experience could let me know if the listed components will all work well together; i.e. no bottle necks or hardware caps caused by one component or another, or if there are better options available to me that are within my price range.

Case - Cooler Master HAF 912

CPU - Intel Core i5-2500K

CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus

Mother Board - MSI Z68A-GD55 (G3)

Video Card - MSI N560GTX-Ti 448 Twin Frozr III

Memory - Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600MHz

Storage - Crucial M4 256GB SSD

Power Supply - SeaSonic M12II 620W

Optical Drive - Asus DVD Burner

Operating System - Windows 7 Home 64 Bit

I have priced out all of these components on, and plan to order from, Newegg.

it works i guess, but the only thing i would have to suggest is if your overclocking the gpu, your better off with a 7850 in the price range, unless you desperately need a 560ti448 for its cuda cores for certain programs or plan to ever turn it into a physx card for its limited amount of games it applies to. it also isnt very necessary if you want the 620w psu, its possible to go lower if you choose to.

2fast4thetown_down

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012

Wilooks great I have practically th esame setup I would get a radeon 6870 though and save 40 dollars and gain fps.