Problem with nvidia GTX550Ti Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlesbandara

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
Hi guys,

I have been reccomended here by several people saying that you guys are the best, so i have an issue and i need some help please :(

First off here are my specs:

Computer:
Computer Type ACPI x64-based PC
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 1
Internet Explorer 8.0.7601.17514
DirectX DirectX 11.0
Motherboard:
CPU Type QuadCore , 3700 MHz (37 x 100)
Motherboard Name Asus P8Z68-V-LX DDR3 1155pin
Motherboard Chipset Unknown
System Memory 8160 MB
DIMM3: G Skill F3-12800CL9-4GBXL 4 GB DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM
DIMM4: G Skill F3-12800CL9-4GBXL 4 GB DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM
BIOS Type AMI (10/11/11)
Display:
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti (1024 MB)
Monitor Generic PnP Monitor [NoDB] (LST0D0028510)
Multimedia:
Audio Adapter High Definition Audio Controller [10DE-0BEE] [NoDB]
Audio Adapter Realtek ALC887 @ Intel Cougar Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller

Storage:
IDE Controller Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family 6 Port SATA AHCI Controller - 1C02
Disk Drive WD My Passport 0730 USB Device (698 GB, USB)
Disk Drive WDC WD10EARX-00PASB0 ATA Device (931 GB, IDE)
Optical Drive ATAPI iHAS324 B ATA Device

So i wanted to do a custom build PC so I bought all these items brand new about a month ago and put it all together with a few experienced friends. Everything went well until i tried to run 'Minecraft'.

I would run minecraft fine for about 5 minutes and then It would crash and black screen me and this error would appear

"The NVIDIA OpenGL driver has lost connection with the display driver due to exceeding the Windows Timew-Out limit and is unable to continue. The application must close
Error code: 7
Would you like to visit 'http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_fagis=3007' for help?"

2g7T3.jpg

This problem also occurs when I try and watch videos on Youtube, they will play for a while but then the black screen would appear and then this error will appear. They also occur just at random while surfing the web or playing games or watching movies using VLC player

I researched this problem quite a bit over the last couples and found many fixes, that i have applied that do not help me at all.
These include, updating the graphics drivers and rolling them back to older versions.
Tweaking the Nvidia control panel options, changing up the options in the minecraft options panel.
Installing a complete fresh version Windows 7, Professional and Home
I have also tried changing to an older Nvidia card with the same problems occurring.

Absolutely everything is up to date, Service packs, Java, Windows updates, Direct X etc. I am out of ideas, please help! :(

budmonk

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
Have you tried lowering the monitor resolution? latest nvidia are 296.10. also whats your power supply. im not one of the pros around here just have the same card.

That is a crappy unit.. it might kill your entire system. I has only 15 amperes on 12 volt rail! I'm not surprised your card doesn't work, because it requires at least 12A for itself, and there's only 3A left for the rest of the system! I suggest you replace it asap with something quality, like Corsair CX430. I know it only says 430 watt, but it's 430 watt of continuous power, and it's a quality power supply. It has 28 amperes on 12 volt rail, which means it's almost twice as powerful.

charlesbandara

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
i have tried the card in a different machine and it works fine. i have also tried a different geforce card in my machine, im not sure what model it was but it was a little older, in my machine and i got the same error message and black screen

samer sami

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
i think your graphic card is fine....

there should be problem with the game
i am sure
have u tried other games?

is there same problem with other games?

say me so i can help........

Status
Not open for further replies.