Need Advice for New PC Build

adityalig

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
I want to purchase a new desktop, and had come with the following configuration.
I needed advice on them, whether their compatibility will be fine and all.
Also I'll love if someone recommends me other parts that I can consider and those that I have not finalized yet.

_________

Approximate Purchase Date: 2 months from now (by August, 12)

Budget Range: About $2300 (Rs 1,30,000)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Primarily for gaming, watching movies

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers

Parts Preferences:

1. Processor - Intel i7 3770K
2. Motherboard - Asus P8Z77 V Pro
3. GPU - Nvidia GTX 680 (Preferably Asus Built)
4. RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8)
5. SMPS - Cooler Master GX 750W OR Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800W

Other Parts: (not decided yet)

1. Cabinet/Cooling - Cooler Master (Shall I consider Liquid cooling? not going for overclocking atm)
2. HDD (500gb+ , I dont mind a 120gb SDD :p)
3. CD/DVD Drive

Overclocking: Not now (eventually maybe)

SLI or Crossfire: SLI

Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1200 (or more)

_________

Are there anyother things that I must consider,

Thanks for your help :)

Solution
I'd consider your local temperatures when deciding on cooling, do you have aircon?
any air or basic watercooling is only going to be able to work above ambient temps, so if your room is 50'c, you are going to struggle to get low temps,
and that means overclocking would be a big no no
Moto
you will most likely to have to import all this gear as there is a much smaller amount of choices in india

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9O2d. the parts are either from newegg or amazon since they have international shipping. the build should let you run 3 monitor setups and still max out every game

I'd consider your local temperatures when deciding on cooling, do you have aircon?
any air or basic watercooling is only going to be able to work above ambient temps, so if your room is 50'c, you are going to struggle to get low temps,
and that means overclocking would be a big no no
Moto

Solution

adityalig

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012

Hey Moto,

I have moderate cooling in my room ( the temperature varies 30'-40' C)

will i still need water cooling??

and suppose later I decide to upgrade Fan cooling to Liquid cooling, will that pose any problems?