Budget 1500, will eveything work now

Approximate Purchase Date: Tomorow or Monday

Budget Range: 1500 everything included (and arround 150-300 for a monitor)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming and programming

Parts Not Required: OS, and usual parts

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: directCanada.com for shipping, newegg.ca

Country: Canada

Parts Preferences: Intel, Nvidia, Asus, Gigabytes, G-Skill

Overclocking: Yes, (not much, 4.2 probably)

SLI or Crossfire: No, future proof mobo maybe

Monitor Resolution: atm 1280x1024, otherwise will depend on new monitor, probably 1900x1200 or 1080.

Additional Comments: I would like to Oc the GPU too if possible, Thanks for you help

Cpu: Intel Core i5 3570K Unlocked Quad Core Processor LGA1155 3.4GHZ Ivy Bridge 6MB Retail

Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Direct Touch 4 Heatpipe Heatsink AM2 AM3 LGA1366/1155/1156/2011 120MM

Case: Corsair Carbide Series 500R Mid-Tower Gaming Case ATX 4X5.25 6X3.5INT USB 1394 No PS Black

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA 6Gbps 3.5IN Internal Hard Drive - OEM

SSD: Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

RAM: 2x G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C8D-8GAB
OR
G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C10D-16GAO

Mobo:ASUS P8Z77-V Lk ATX LGA1155 Z77 DDR3 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 3PCI SATA3 SLI DVI HDMI DP USB3.0 Motherboard

Drive: ASUS BC-12B1ST Internal 12X Blu-Ray Reader & 16X DVD Writer Combo Drive OEM

Psu: Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-750 750W Power Supply
OR
Antec HCG-620M 620W ATX12V Modular SINGLE-RAIL 48A 80PLUS Bronze 135mm Fan Active PFC Power Supply
GPU: Unknown, atm gtx 670 didnt fit in budget
29 answers Last reply
More about budget 1500 eveything work
  1. better off with 2x4 since 8gb dimms are still expensive. you can save some cash by changing the case to a 400r. 620w will do you fine for single card oc and cpu oc. the 750w will run sli/ crossfire fine
  2. Seems all right. I would go with the 8gb, as 16 is overkill for ram.

    I would go with the 750watt power supply. Maybe try to find a modular one if its not modular.

    You might want to cut down on the mobo a little... I'm sure a $150 Asus Z77 will be good enough for you.

    If a 670 is out of your budget then wait for a 660ti or 660. If you can't wait get a 7870 or 7850, whichever fits your budget.
  3. TheBigTroll said:
    better off with 2x4 since 8gb dimms are still expensive. you can save some cash by changing the case to a 400r. 620w will do you fine for single card oc and cpu oc. the 750w will run sli/ crossfire fine


    I tough to get 16gm ram because queries i do on database somtime take lot of memory space (should i stick with 2x8 or 4x4). otherwise ill look again at the 400r case, for the mobo i found this one for 130 at canada direct, same than the other gigabyte i took yesterday but with 2x 3.o pcix16, in case of sli (maybe one day... blah..) in all case its the same price and i dont mind between asus and gigabyte
  4. if you seriously need a lot of ram, x79 would of suited you better. if you need th ram, get the 2x8
  5. TheBigTroll said:
    if you seriously need a lot of ram, x79 would of suited you better. if you need th ram, get the 2x8


    x79?
  6. sandy bridge -e
  7. Sandy Bridge E.
  8. azeem40 said:
    Sandy Bridge E.


    may i ask why this exceed my knowledge by far, those are i7, why not i7-3770k then?
  9. SB-E has different CPUs and one SB-E CPU won't fit into an LGA 1155 motherboard.
  10. they use a different socket (LGA 2011). the sandy bridge e is intended for power users and enthusiasts. the x79 boards are also much more expensive like the chips (boards are 200+ dollars)
  11. sandy bridge e has 3 chips so far: the i7 3820 (4 cores, 8 threads $300+ dollars. it has a locked multiplier=no overclock), the i7 3930k (6 cores, 12 threads (around 600 dollars). it can overclock), and finally the i7 3960x (6 cores, 12 threads 1000+$ dollars. there isnt any difference between the i7 3930k and the 3960x other than the name, 3 more mb of cache and 133mhz faster stock clock.
  12. TheBigTroll said:
    they use a different socket (LGA 2011). the sandy bridge e is intended for power users and enthusiasts. the x79 boards are also much more expensive like the chips (boards are 200+ dollars)


    Alright ill look into these cpu too lol i though i was done choosing them,in all case if i understand, it will cost more for better cpu/memory performance which will meen lower graphic card. Im not sure where to stand in this but ill sure do my homework with these new choice, ill be back soon with some more question probably, thanks for your help,
  13. an ivy bridge i7 3770K will give a sandy bridge-e i7 3930K a run for its money. unless you need more than 32 gigs of ram, the limit on ivy, you don't need to spend the extra money. and even then with accessing data bases an i5 is just dandy.

    am i missing something? your GPU? the GTX 670 is the best bang for the buck unless you can't squeeze $400 in the budget.

    that Antec HCG-620M 620W will even handle two of those in SLI.
  14. Anonymous said:
    an ivy bridge i7 3770K will give a sandy bridge-e i7 3930K a run for its money. unless you need more than 32 gigs of ram, the limit on ivy, you don't need to spend the extra money. and even then with accessing data bases an i5 is just dandy.

    am i missing something? your GPU? the GTX 670 is the best bang for the buck unless you can't squeeze $400 in the budget.

    that Antec HCG-620M 620W will even handle two of those in SLI.


    ok, i might look again the i7-3770k but i dont think any program i use will take benifit of hyperthreading thats why i took the i5, even if i have lots of program opened at the same time (im not gaming and working at the same time hehe) i dont think my apps are really cpu intensive and more importantly, i read it would be more benifit to have higher gpu than i7
  15. Zaodyak said:
    ok, i might look again the i7-3770k but i dont think any program i use will take benifit of hyperthreading thats why i took the i5, even if i have lots of program opened at the same time (im not gaming and working at the same time hehe) i dont think my apps are really cpu intensive and more importantly, i read it would be more benifit to have higher gpu than i7

    don't mistake my reference to an i7 as a suggestion. i used it as an example that sandy-E isn't a good choice any more.

    for your stated purposes an i5 is just fine :)
  16. Anonymous said:
    don't mistake my reference to an i7 as a suggestion. i used it as an example that sandy-E isn't a good choice any more.

    for your stated purposes an i5 is just fine :)


    ok, then i should be fine with this build, ill chose gtx 570 or 670 or radeon soon enough, ill got for the 620watt if you say it can sli possible future card, i hope this mobo will be alright.

    the last thing i want to ask is how to know if i have enough connector if i want to put more fan in my case and use the fan controller?

    It's been 1 week im looking for hundred's of parts and i can finally start to the end of the task. I want to thanks everyone how helped me.
  17. get 670 anyday. cheap and good one is the ftw edition from evga
  18. dont get it. its kinda stupid since for 20-40 more bucks, you get a 680. the only use of the extra v ram is to run multi-monitor setups
  19. TheBigTroll said:
    dont get it. its kinda stupid since for 20-40 more bucks, you get a 680. the only use of the extra v ram is to run multi-monitor setups


    yea i just was surprised, i gess ill go for the evga card, slighly slower than asus counterparts but arround 50 cheaper too. unless i find an asus one for the same price before monday, because it runs cooler too
  20. Zaodyak said:
    ok, then i should be fine with this build, ill chose gtx 570 or 670 or radeon soon enough, ill got for the 620watt if you say it can sli possible future card, i hope this mobo will be alright.


    ok, i am going to back peddle here.

    a GTX 670 will draw no more than 164 watts; a GTX570 will draw 213 watts. as you can tell that is a 30% more power consumption.

    a 670 is so much better bang for your buck BUT if you are going for a 570, the 750 watt PSU would be a better choice then.
  21. Anonymous said:
    ok, i am going to back peddle here.

    a GTX 670 will draw no more than 164 watts; a GTX570 will draw 213 watts. as you can tell that is a 30% more power consumption.

    a 670 is so much better bang for your buck BUT if you are going for a 570, the 750 watt PSU would be a better choice then.


    good too know, both psu are the same about the same price, ill pick whatever i needed if i can pike the 670 in my budget, it may be wrong but i may also lower my budget a bit and get 560ti and ubgrade next year or somthing but knowing my self....ill want the 670 to show off a bit and to have lastest generation stuff
  22. if you want to get the 560ti, get the 6950 instead. it performs better. the 6950 is comparable to the 560ti 448 core
  23. TheBigTroll said:
    if you want to get the 560ti, get the 6950 instead. it performs better. the 6950 is comparable to the 560ti 448 core



    ok, ill look into it, otherwise, i need a new graphic card for my old pc (pci-e x16 version 1), all i want its make it work for my brothers, my nvidia 8600gts half dead, boot but i get really wierd results, red giant picels in bios screen and crappy display, nothing reconized video card ect...
  24. a pci-e 2 works in a pci-e 1 slot. only bad thing is that the bandwidth is less. my friend ran a 6870 oc on a pentium 775 and it worked fine. oh if you are to get a sandy bridge e chip, dont use the 8600gtx. it will bottleneck the cpu
  25. TheBigTroll said:
    a pci-e 2 works in a pci-e 1 slot. only bad thing is that the bandwidth is less. my friend ran a 6870 oc on a pentium 775 and it worked fine. oh if you are to get a sandy bridge e chip, dont use the 8600gtx. it will bottleneck the cpu



    lol i wont go babk with the 8600, ive been able to fit the 670gtx in my build im only 15 over atm (with tax and shipping and shipping insurance)

    i know that pcie v1 supported v2 card but i tough these cards wew faster than the port could go. i gess ill get low end card, somthing similar to my 8600 for this old pc
  26. May i ask, if i even want to put a few more fan in my case which one should i chose, and what do you thing about 2x 140mm fan vs 1x 200mm?
  27. the 500r supports 200mm fans. the 400r i think doesnt. i would get whichever option is cheaper. they should produce about the same noise and same air flow
  28. alright, ill look into them if temperature is an issues (or i want my custom made heat ventilator for winter, poor cooling performance for summer)
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems