Missing Desktop Folders

krmani

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
Hello,
I think this problem is with the OS. I am using Windows 7 on my laptop (lenovo g560) 4gb ram etc. Every time there is some updates something goes wrong with my laptop. First my USB DataCard got blocked and I had to re-install everytime I use it. Then my DVD disappeared and it took my 4 day to get it back (believe me it came back acccidentally, I cannot provide you the steps I did to get it back). Today morning there was an update and the system was requesting for a restart. I postponed it twice because I was into serious time critical work. And people let me tell you, when I left the laptop idle to take a break it got restarted on its own and when I logged back in, all my work is gone. Not even a trace of the folders and files.

I dont understanding why they have to push us for updates when they are not sure about their updates.

KRM

Windows or non-windows updates ?
Are you sure your system is not infected ?

krmani

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
Hi,

Thanks for anybody who tried to help in any sort.

Though I did not find the exact reason or solution, I was able to recover those files by restarting the laptop after a day. The system popped a message asking if it has to recover some of the lost files. I answered Yes and everything was back in place. But I dont understand why it has to disappear. If it is trying to restart and there are files open It should stop for users decision.

Regards,
KRM