Sapphire 7870 defective?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LvSLoLo

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2012
Hi guys after taking your advice i bought a sapphire 7870 and it came today ive installed what i THINK is the newest driver for it and then i have tried battlefield 3 campaign, to be honest the frames are insane compared to my last card but the game doesnt look asgood as it should and according to msi afterburner i have no shader clock do you think there is something wrong with it or can i install something to fix it? i should say when i play bf3 when i turn off 4xmsaa everything looks the same theres no quality change compared to 0 msaa but the frames do go up when i turn it off i dont understand it

LvSLoLo

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2012
i should mention that the game is randomly making things appear infront or around me aswell that didnt happen on my old card they were already there

LvSLoLo

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2012
Ok ive just tried world of warcraft on the settings i had with my GTX 560TI and i got 22fps...wlf is wrong with this card?

LvSLoLo

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2012
any help please, i re-installed the drivers and its made it work but not asgood as it should be im getting between 31 and 45fps on caspian boarder on ultra settings when from youtube video's and benchmarks it should be 60 and 45 minimum

Also the game crashed for about 20 seconds then started again left off were i was i think it was the driver

LvSLoLo

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2012
yea i took nvidia drivers off, 700watt psu, AMD 6100 X6 bulldozer CPU, the resolution i usualy use is 1920x1080 but it wont let me use it in games only 1360x768 or it screws up or gives me a black border around the screen, the drivers are 12.3

What 700w psu???

The card is capable of running much higher than 1920x1080, so if you can't run that, there's a problem. Set your desktop to 1920x1080, then set the resolution to 1920x1080 in the game.

I've been running ATI Cards for 6yrs straight, no issues whatsoever.

LvSLoLo

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2012
my desktop is at 1920 thats why i dont get it, i cant remember exact name its a OCU GTI something like that im changing it soon becouse it neerly killed me...well this is my first ATI gpu and its not a good impression =( i keep getting something coming up when i restart my pc saying cannot find kdbsync.exe please reinstall to complete?

mious

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
Really check and make sure that you uninstalled your nvidia drivers correctly, you can google several guides on how to do this. I too have a sapphire 7870 and play at 1920x1080 with a overclocked i5 750 and the card has been running amazingly on every game i throw at it.

LvSLoLo

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2012
well i had high hopes from the benchmarks and youtube video's ive seen of the card but when it did this i instantly regretted not buying a nvidia card =( ya ive uninstalled every nvidia driver and file i cant find any even on the search accept 2 empty folders for nvidia 3d. Btw mious what fps do you get on bf3 caspian border in ultra 4xmsaa?

LvSLoLo

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2012
It look looks a driver issue, Are you sure you installed the correct drivers?. http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx

You can try installing 12.1 and see if that resolves the issues. Maybe the drivers didn't install properly.

try disabling kdbsync.exe at the startup in msconfig.
how do i disable it sorry? im not good with computers sadly =( thats what i was thinking theres a 12.2 pre certified do you think i should get that?

G

Yeah try 12.2 to see if it resolves your issues.

Easiest way to get to msconfig is to type it in the search bar above the windows logo on the bottom left and select startup.

LvSLoLo

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2012
Yeah try 12.2 to see if it resolves your issues.

Easiest way to get to msconfig is to type it in the search bar above the windows logo on the bottom left and select startup.
Thanks :D could you get me the link for 12.2 please i cant find it

G

Try this first download this http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/ to uninstall your drivers and then try installing 12.3 again.

LvSLoLo

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2012
Try this first download this http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/ to uninstall your drivers and then try installing 12.3 again.
i tried to download it but this is what came up...Attention - Guru3D Driver Sweeper has been discontinued as such you will not find any download links here any longer.

It just means you need to be more patient until you get everything working right.

Btw, what windows version do you have? If it's Windows 7, there shouldn't be an issue with your old Nvidia drivers being installed. Win 7 allows for multiple sets of drivers, but if you have Vista, that could very well be your issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.