ASow123

Honorable
May 9, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c6RHzKU35Y
A video of my problem. The 8x CPU power is plugged in, the 24 pin is plugged in and all the LED and whatnots are in as well.
No idea what's wrong.
Tried taking out the ram, still happens.

Can this be because the CPU is in wrong? I'm a hundred percent sure it isn't.

ASUS Z77 Extreme 4
Lexa S case
Ripjaws Ram (Not in)
Cooler Master 212+
i5-3570k

I hear no beeping from the computer by the way. If anyone can lead me toward a guide. First time builder and all the LEDs turn on but the front panel on/reset won't work, the MB on/reset doesn't work and I'm not sure what's wrong.

ASow123

Honorable
May 9, 2012
Unplugged everything but the CPU fan and it turns on for a few seconds and then turns off along with these numbers that turn on and turn off when the fan turns off. It gets to like 20 and then stops.

sounds like your missing a stand off or the cpu heat sink on to tight or is shorting out to the rear of the case.new mb wont beep unless there a speaker on the mb or you install one now. i would also check that the i/o shield not shorting out. one of the doh is on the mb front pannel conntors is plugging the reset into the power on pins or plugging one of the led onto the pins. last thing i do if it wont post outside the case is check the cpu and under the cpu for bent pins. if wont post outside ask someone for a power supply to rule out a dead power supply.

ASow123

Honorable
May 9, 2012

What's the I/O shield?
The CPU heat sink is aftermarket HAF 212 and it's already on, can I take it off?
Not missing a stand off.

it the plate that mb vendor send with the mb that has the lables on them..goes into the case to help line up the rear of the mb.sometime those fingers are too long and can short out the mb. i think you have a dead short...see if the heat sink or the mb bottom is touching the case anywhere.

ASow123

Honorable
May 9, 2012

Would removing I have to remove the MB to remove the I/O? The MB bottom is touching the bottom of the case, is that a problem?

bassbonemexie

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
I HAVE A SOLUTION. This may be dangerous, so if you are given up DO THIS AT OWN RISK! This happens to me, and this is the 2nd computer I have had to do this. I take the power cord out, and blow into it so closely to my mouth that I purposely let the SLIGHTEST amount of moisture inside. I then plug it back in and power it on. I do not know why, but this works every time. IT IS PROBABLY REALLY DANGEROUS, AND HARMFUL TO THE COMPUTER, but i'm not very tech savvy and I do whatever I can to make my computer run another year XD.