Upgrading gaming pc, need advice.

Hi all,

Current specs:
- CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955BE 125W @ 3.8Ghz + Zalman CNPS10X Quiet cooler.
- Motherboard: Gigabyte MA770-UD3P.
- RAM: Corsair Dominator 4GB DDR3 1600mhz.
- GPU: ASUS GTX 560 Ti oc.
- Crucial M4 128gb SSD.
- Two Western Digital HDDs one 500GB and the other 1TB.
- PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W (+12V1@25A, +12V2@25A)
- Thermaltake V9 BlacX Edition case.
- Samsung BX2450 1080p LED monitor.

Upgrading:
Ivy bridge i7 3770k
need advice on mobo, if possible I'd like one with only 1 pci-e slot provided that the price is lower and nothing else is compromised...
8 or 12gb ram kit based on your suggestions.
GTX 670 <- don't like the pricing currently, the ones with custom coolers e.g. asus are overpriced.. any thoughts on this?

Got some questions:
Will my current cpu cooler work on the new mobo/cpu ?
Is my current PSU enough? By reading the reviews it seems that both the 3770k and gtx670 draw less power than what I have right now.

Everything will be ordered from amazon.
Budget is not a problem, but I much prefer less than $1000 if possible :)

Thanks.
6 answers Last reply
More about upgrading gaming advice
  1. ASRock Z77 Pro3 ATX/$100 Great board that recently dropped $20 bucks in price. All the features you need.
    8GB G.SKILL ARES series 1600 $47
    i7 3770k $350
    I`m not sure about your cpu cooler but a great one that will work is the Hyper 212 EVO($35)

670 is expensive but delivers great performance! $400

The total=$932

btw 600w should be enough. But if you`re concerned, get a 750w NZXT HALE 82 Modular power supply. Silent,modular and reliable!

Good luck with your build!
    Cheers!
  2. Nice mobo.. but I can't find it at amazon :( only found the one with Z68 chipset
    Same with the ram.

Also, what gpu brand are we talking about here ?
  3. darkchazz said:
    Nice mobo.. but I can't find it at amazon :( only found the one with Z68 chipset
    Same with the ram.

Also, what gpu brand are we talking about here ?

Sorry prices are from newegg. You're on a budget so I'd either get the EVGA or Gigabyte(both $400). They will all perform at the same speed(except the superclocked ones). But you can OC it to the same or better as the superclocked without much trouble at all.
  4. EVGA's one looks good: http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Dual-Link-Graphics-02G-P4-2670-KR/dp/B007Z3HZIA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339328691&sr=8-1
    Though I prefer a custom cooled card, like asus or msi.

Also I need to find another mobo and ram since I cannot find the ones you mentioned at amazon
  5. Thank you very much :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems Product