I7 2600 - Questions about stock cpu fan speed

Guiguigui

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
Hello,

I recently bought an i7 2600 CPU with a ASUS P8H67-V motherboard.

I did a check on temperature by software, and i saw that the fan had a speed of +2300 rpm in load (60+ degrees)

I would like to know if the speed is normal. Because i read before that the fan have a max to 2000 rpm only.

In idle it's at 1300-1400 rpm. And the temp are idle : 37 - load : 68-69.

the speed is a problem ? will it break quickly at that speed ? is it normal and i don't have to panic ?

(sorry for my bad english)

Solution
I don't think that the speed is a problem on the stock HSF (heatsink/fan) but I don't have the information on the fan speeds here. Based on a number of other HSF like the stock cooler over on Newegg this looks fairly normal. If you would like you give our technical support a call at 916-377-7000 and they will be able to tell. In the end I wouldnt think it was a reason to panic it doesn't even look out of the norm for this type of a cooler.
I don't think that the speed is a problem on the stock HSF (heatsink/fan) but I don't have the information on the fan speeds here. Based on a number of other HSF like the stock cooler over on Newegg this looks fairly normal. If you would like you give our technical support a call at 916-377-7000 and they will be able to tell. In the end I wouldnt think it was a reason to panic it doesn't even look out of the norm for this type of a cooler.

Solution