Sign in with
Your question

NVIDIA 560TI Infant Mortality?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 12, 2012 3:36:28 PM

Hello,

I purchased a custom build system from CyberPowerPC for computer aided engineering. The system came to me with problems upon boot up requiring me to reinstall Window 7 Professional 64bit. I got all the windows drives installed again and checked the device manager and all showed ok. At this point, I am in a VGA mode coming from the NVIDIA 560 TI card using DVI connections to the monitor.

Upon installing the initial driver set from the NVIDIA DVD, the first of two required sets of drivers according to the DVD, the install program asked me to reboot the system. I approved the request and the system rebooted but up came a blank screen after showing the horizontal "timer" bar indicating Windows was loading. I could power down and power back up getting to the blue screen showing boot up on safe mode or last valid configuration [hitting the F8 key after the motherboard spash screen appeared]. I chose the last valid configuration and reinstalled the windows drivers again. Tried to down load drivers from the NVIDIA site and found the same blank screen problem. Customer support thinks this is due to a bad video card and they are rushing me a replacement. Does this sound like a valid diagnosis or could there be another lurking problem?

System specs below:

CARE1: Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit
CAS: NZXT Black Tempest 210 Mid-Tower Gaming Case
CASUPGRADE: None
CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
CD2: None
COOLANT: Standard Coolant
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz 10MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011
CS_FAN: Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case]
ENGRAVING: None
FA_HDD: None
FAN: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Dual Standard 120MM Fans (Push-Pull) [+9])
FLASHMEDIA: None
GLASSES: None
HDD: 120GB Corsair Force GT Series SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 555MB/s Read & 515MB/s Write (Single Drive)
HDD2: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD] (Single Drive)
IEEE_CARD: None
IUSB: Internal USB 3.0 4-Port Hub
KEYBOARD: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard
MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance)
MONITOR: None
MONITOR2: None
MONITOR3: None
MOTHERBOARD: * (3-Way SLI Support) Gigabyte X79-UD3 Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ UEFI DualBIOS, Dolby Home Theater 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 4 Gen3 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI
MOUSE: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
OS: Microsoft® Windows 7 Professional] (64-bit Edition)
OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts - Standard Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready
RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 10~15 BUSINESS DAYS
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: 600Watts PMPO Subwoofer Stereo Speakers
TEMP: None
TUNING: None
TVRC: None
USB: PPA External 4-Port USB 2.0 Brushed Aluminum Hub
USBFLASH: None
USBHD: None
USBX: None
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 2GB 16X PCIe Video Card
VIDEO2: None
VIDEO3: None
WNC: None
April 12, 2012 3:46:00 PM

We don't need to know whether you got engraving on your case and all that extra stuff. The easiest way to tell would be to take the card out and try it in another system you know is working. Cyber Power, well I hope they fix this. I would expect them to, due to the ridiculous prices they charge.
m
l
April 12, 2012 3:51:33 PM

MANOFKRYPTONAK said:
We don't need to know whether you got engraving on your case and all that extra stuff. The easiest way to tell would be to take the card out and try it in another system you know is working. Cyber Power, well I hope they fix this. I would expect them to, due to the ridiculous prices they charge.

Sorry, I just copied the parts list from the supplier....forgot to remove junk. Too much in a hurry. Thanks for the input. So, I got ripped off for this system? I have not built a system myself before, but I had priced items and found that it appeared they had only about a $100 or so cost for the system build compared to buying the items from various online suppliers.

Regards, MECHE
m
l
April 12, 2012 3:52:30 PM

MANOFKRYPTONAK said:

Oops, one other thing....I do not have another PC system available to test. My other computer is an IMAC all in one.
m
l
!