6600 PC Cable

Is there a pc cable that can be purchased for the 6600? Just got the 6600
yesterday & I am working my way through familiarizing myself with the phone.
I assume that one can synch to download via one's PC if there is a data
cable to connect?

T Jones
9 answers Last reply
More about 6600 cable

    The 6600 doesn't have a data port so there's no normal cable for it. There
    is one which connects via the SIM connector but it's not compatible with PC
    Suite etc and is intended for professional engineers or experts to fiddle
    with the phone. Nokia cater for home users via Infrared and Bluetooth,
    which is reasonable. After all, I'm sure you don't go looking to the
    manufacturer of your TV for a cable to connect the remote control :o)

    "Thomas A Jones" <tajones50@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a pc cable that can be purchased for the 6600? Just got the 6600
    > yesterday & I am working my way through familiarizing myself with the
    phone.
    > I assume that one can synch to download via one's PC if there is a data
    > cable to connect?
    >
    > T Jones

    I've got me a irda infrared port, much cheaper and connects all phones ;)
    with a port of course hehehe

    "Thomas A Jones" <tajones50@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
    > Is there a pc cable that can be purchased for the 6600? Just got the 6600
    > yesterday & I am working my way through familiarizing myself with the
    phone.
    > I assume that one can synch to download via one's PC if there is a data
    > cable to connect?
    >
    > T Jones

    "Thomas A Jones" <tajones50@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Ie1zc.98194$Ly.42318@attbi_s01>...
    > Is there a pc cable that can be purchased for the 6600? Just got the 6600
    > yesterday & I am working my way through familiarizing myself with the phone.
    > I assume that one can synch to download via one's PC if there is a data
    > cable to connect?

    Data cable for this model doesn't suit for data synchronization at
    all: you can use M-Bus cable for this phone only for unlocking,
    reflashing and other service properties. If you wish to synchronize
    your phone's data with PC, you will need IR port (or bluetooth) and
    Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones (
    http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/ ).

    If you will have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    info@oxygensoftware.com
    http://www.opm-2.com/
    http://www.oxygensoftware.com/

    which is faster..an irda infrared port or bluetooth port?

    T Jones

    "tutuuut" <danny.croughs@telenet.be> wrote in message
    > I've got me a irda infrared port, much cheaper and connects all phones ;)
    > with a port of course hehehe
    >

    > "Thomas A Jones" <tajones50@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
    > > Is there a pc cable that can be purchased for the 6600? Just got the
    6600
    > > yesterday & I am working my way through familiarizing myself with the
    > phone.
    > > I assume that one can synch to download via one's PC if there is a data
    > > cable to connect?
    > >
    > > T Jones

    On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 18:42:48 GMT, "Thomas A Jones"
    <tajones50@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Is there a pc cable that can be purchased for the 6600? Just got the 6600
    >yesterday & I am working my way through familiarizing myself with the phone.
    >I assume that one can synch to download via one's PC if there is a data
    >cable to connect?
    >
    >T Jones

    Yes I got one from Ebay for a few quid, never used it though so can't
    comment on that, if you want make me an offer :)
    --
    E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz <---Rot13 it
    watch out for spam trap in header

    Free Phone Unlocking http://unlockme.co.uk

    10p a Picture Message/MMS http://www.mmsit.co.uk/

    http://www.davessite.co.uk Trike Power the TRUE Trinity

    bluetooth is faster and hives you more range.
    speed only matters if you plan on transferring 'big' files tho.
    for just games ant app's its not that great a difference.

    Do you know how many contacts can be synched over from MS Outlook? I have
    2000 contacts...

    T Jones

    "Oxygen Software" <support@opm-2.com> wrote in message
    > "Thomas A Jones" <tajones50@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Is there a pc cable that can be purchased for the 6600? Just got the
    6600
    > > yesterday & I am working my way through familiarizing myself with the
    phone.
    > > I assume that one can synch to download via one's PC if there is a data
    > > cable to connect?
    >
    > Data cable for this model doesn't suit for data synchronization at
    > all: you can use M-Bus cable for this phone only for unlocking,
    > reflashing and other service properties. If you wish to synchronize
    > your phone's data with PC, you will need IR port (or bluetooth) and
    > Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones (
    > http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/ ).
    >
    > If you will have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
    > Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    > Oxygen Phone Manager - all you want from your Nokia
    > info@oxygensoftware.com
    > http://www.opm-2.com/
    > http://www.oxygensoftware.com/

    I have the nokia 3595 with t mobile..am happy..i have wap...for my first
    ceel i referanced free wap sites got some niice wallpaper and tones..i
    love the calender...and the text..i don't need or want a camera
    phone..just something to keep me in touch when i am out

    I am a grandmother, not hard to please..but i am a bit miffed that t
    zones went down today...was told by customer service it will be back
    online in a day or two...i miss my morning news and the buzz time trivia
    other than that it does the job and i like the gold rewards program..not
    to mention i am not locked into some pricy contract

    take care everyone, Gypsy

    "Thomas A. Jones" <tjones@nauticom.net> wrote in message news:<40cdc08c$1_7@corp.newsgroups.com>...
    > Do you know how many contacts can be synched over from MS Outlook? I have
    > 2000 contacts...

    Mainly it depends on phone's free memory, as Nokia 6600 uses so-called
    "dynamic" memory allocation for data. I.e., java midlets, tones and
    contacts use the same memory.

    If you will have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    info@oxygensoftware.com
    http://www.opm-2.com/
    http://www.oxygensoftware.com/