6600 PC Cable

Last response: in Brands
June 13, 2004 10:42:48 PM

Is there a pc cable that can be purchased for the 6600? Just got the 6600
yesterday & I am working my way through familiarizing myself with the phone.
I assume that one can synch to download via one's PC if there is a data
cable to connect?

T Jones

More about : 6600 cable

June 14, 2004 12:10:18 AM

The 6600 doesn't have a data port so there's no normal cable for it. There
is one which connects via the SIM connector but it's not compatible with PC
Suite etc and is intended for professional engineers or experts to fiddle
with the phone. Nokia cater for home users via Infrared and Bluetooth,
which is reasonable. After all, I'm sure you don't go looking to the
manufacturer of your TV for a cable to connect the remote control :o )

"Thomas A Jones" <tajones50@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there a pc cable that can be purchased for the 6600? Just got the 6600
> yesterday & I am working my way through familiarizing myself with the
phone.
> I assume that one can synch to download via one's PC if there is a data
> cable to connect?
>
> T Jones

Anonymous
June 14, 2004 12:16:29 AM

I've got me a irda infrared port, much cheaper and connects all phones ;)
with a port of course hehehe

"Thomas A Jones" <tajones50@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> Is there a pc cable that can be purchased for the 6600? Just got the 6600
> yesterday & I am working my way through familiarizing myself with the
phone.
> I assume that one can synch to download via one's PC if there is a data
> cable to connect?
>
> T Jones

June 14, 2004 6:02:52 AM

"Thomas A Jones" <tajones50@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Ie1zc.98194$Ly.42318@attbi_s01>...
> Is there a pc cable that can be purchased for the 6600? Just got the 6600
> yesterday & I am working my way through familiarizing myself with the phone.
> I assume that one can synch to download via one's PC if there is a data
> cable to connect?

Data cable for this model doesn't suit for data synchronization at
all: you can use M-Bus cable for this phone only for unlocking,
reflashing and other service properties. If you wish to synchronize
your phone's data with PC, you will need IR port (or bluetooth) and
Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones (
http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/ ).

If you will have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
info@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.opm-2.com/
http://www.oxygensoftware.com/
Anonymous
June 14, 2004 6:11:23 AM

which is faster..an irda infrared port or bluetooth port?

T Jones

"tutuuut" <danny.croughs@telenet.be> wrote in message
> I've got me a irda infrared port, much cheaper and connects all phones ;)
> with a port of course hehehe
>

> "Thomas A Jones" <tajones50@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> > Is there a pc cable that can be purchased for the 6600? Just got the
6600
> > yesterday & I am working my way through familiarizing myself with the
> phone.
> > I assume that one can synch to download via one's PC if there is a data
> > cable to connect?
> >
> > T Jones

Anonymous
June 14, 2004 7:22:58 AM

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 18:42:48 GMT, "Thomas A Jones"
<tajones50@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Is there a pc cable that can be purchased for the 6600? Just got the 6600
>yesterday & I am working my way through familiarizing myself with the phone.
>I assume that one can synch to download via one's PC if there is a data
>cable to connect?
>
>T Jones

Yes I got one from Ebay for a few quid, never used it though so can't
comment on that, if you want make me an offer :)
--
E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz <---Rot13 it
watch out for spam trap in header

Free Phone Unlocking http://unlockme.co.uk

10p a Picture Message/MMS http://www.mmsit.co.uk/

http://www.davessite.co.uk Trike Power the TRUE Trinity
Anonymous
June 14, 2004 1:26:33 PM

bluetooth is faster and hives you more range.
speed only matters if you plan on transferring 'big' files tho.
for just games ant app's its not that great a difference.
Anonymous
June 14, 2004 3:11:13 PM

Do you know how many contacts can be synched over from MS Outlook? I have
2000 contacts...

T Jones

"Oxygen Software" <support@opm-2.com> wrote in message
> "Thomas A Jones" <tajones50@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a pc cable that can be purchased for the 6600? Just got the
6600
> > yesterday & I am working my way through familiarizing myself with the
phone.
> > I assume that one can synch to download via one's PC if there is a data
> > cable to connect?
>
> Data cable for this model doesn't suit for data synchronization at
> all: you can use M-Bus cable for this phone only for unlocking,
> reflashing and other service properties. If you wish to synchronize
> your phone's data with PC, you will need IR port (or bluetooth) and
> Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones (
> http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/ ).
>
> If you will have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
> Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
> Oxygen Phone Manager - all you want from your Nokia
> info@oxygensoftware.com
> http://www.opm-2.com/
> http://www.oxygensoftware.com/

June 17, 2004 4:26:05 AM

I have the nokia 3595 with t mobile..am happy..i have wap...for my first
ceel i referanced free wap sites got some niice wallpaper and tones..i
love the calender...and the text..i don't need or want a camera
phone..just something to keep me in touch when i am out

I am a grandmother, not hard to please..but i am a bit miffed that t
zones went down today...was told by customer service it will be back
online in a day or two...i miss my morning news and the buzz time trivia
other than that it does the job and i like the gold rewards program..not
to mention i am not locked into some pricy contract

take care everyone, Gypsy
Anonymous
June 17, 2004 6:49:55 AM

"Thomas A. Jones" <tjones@nauticom.net> wrote in message news:<40cdc08c$1_7@corp.newsgroups.com>...
> Do you know how many contacts can be synched over from MS Outlook? I have
> 2000 contacts...

Mainly it depends on phone's free memory, as Nokia 6600 uses so-called
"dynamic" memory allocation for data. I.e., java midlets, tones and
contacts use the same memory.

!