Sign in with
Your question

GPU Issue (GTX 560 TI)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 12, 2012 4:29:59 PM

Hey there, as of lately I've been experiencing multiple issues with my relatively new GPU. I just built my PC 2 months ago and my specs are as follows:

I5 2500K
16gb Kingston Hyperx ram
2tb 7200rpm HD
Evga Superclocked GTX 560 ti
1000w Coolermaster PSU
Asrock extreme4 gen3 z68 mobo

For the first month or so, my temps are extremely good on all levels. For the most part, they still are with the exception of my GPU. My GPU is running at 45 C as I type this (idling). It's been doing this for the past 3 weeks or so, and before that it would run at 25-30 C at idle. The weird thing is. it NEVER goes above 55 even after I've been playing Counter-strike: Source for hours on end.

I've been having a couple other issues as well, I experienced after a windows update an error that read "Driver display stopped working and has successfully recovered". I read multiple conflicting things about the cause of this. Another problem is that some youtube/flash videos in general would just be green on playback, the sound would be there and everything but no picture. I've already gone ahead and disabled hardware acceleration in flash settings as a quick fix, but i would like to find a more permanent fix for this as well.

Before I mess around with anything in rivatuner and reinstall drivers, I wanted to ask your guys advice. Thanks for any help, it is greatly appreciated.

More about : gpu issue gtx 560

a b U Graphics card
April 12, 2012 9:34:42 PM

hmm have you cleaned your "Fan Filters" lately?, I have two 560 ti's and idle temps are anywhere from 32-34C for the top and 30c for the bottom.... But if i don't clean the filters on the case out often enough.... my temps sit from 45-55C at idle. Sometimes it can be a Driver. but "Error: Driver stoped responding" isn't something you can exactly fix (unless your good with Programming) its just a thing you roll back driver... Have you ever tried also restarting your computer and notice the temps lowered?. killing the Power to the whole computer for a few minutes and letting everything cool down may also be a logical fix.

Also Please don't Bump your post.... Someone will get to your post. When your post gets a Reply.... it bumps itsself
m
l
!