Sign in with
Your question

Core i5 760 Oc Question

Last response: in CPUs
October 8, 2012 8:55:07 PM

I have had my Core I6 760 Oc'd for some time now. As of 2nights ago i decided to put Speed step back on and try using a off set voltage. I ran it through intelburn for 20 cycles no problem, then ran prime 95 for 18 hours and on the 17th hour ended up getting 1 error with one of the cores. I am curious with my offset voltage i am running at 1.27vcore in comparison to my 1.29vcore off manual set voltage. Everything else is the same aside from speed step, C1,C2,C3 and offset voltage. Do you think the cause of a error would be from the .002 of a volt that i am missing ? should i just try to offset by + .020 to fix this error or is this even something to be worried about as i would never be running my cpu at 100% for 17 hours straight ?I am running at 4ghz 1.27vcore, 190mhzblck, 21x multiplier, and my ram is under clocked. Thanks for any insight anyone can give!

More about : core 760 question

October 8, 2012 11:24:44 PM

I am sorry i have just realized i should have put this in the overclocking side of the forum can i get a moderator to move it please ?
m
l
!