My new build won't recognize any monitor

cadams77

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
So i have just finished my first homebuilt PC and I am having issues getting it to recognize a monitor. When I have the graphics cards in the monitor just stays black. If i take them out it works fine. And this is when I plug the monitor into the port on my motherboard. I might understand if i was plugging it to the cards themselves, but it seems my cards make the mobo port not work... is that normal?

I have two of these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127675

cadams77

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
alright thanks. I have one other question... I have a 850 watt PSU and my case has a PSU slot on the bottom, with a filter on the bottom as well, i was wondering which way i should face the PSU. with the fan side up toward the mobo or down towards the outside filter. the other side it blank and its confusing me. right now it is facing up, but the writing visible where i plug in the power cord is upside down

I have my fan facing up into the case. The PSU fan is an exhaust fan, it pulls air into it and pushes it out the back of the power supply. It really doesn't matter which way you have the fan facing, UNLESS your tower is going to be sitting on a surface such as carpet, in which case you definitely want the fan side facing into the . err case.

2fast4thetown_down

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012

I have mine facing towards my mobo too.