No POST, boot or Video output

DarkIceUK

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
Hi,

I've just built my own computer, and after installing all of the hardware successfully, I decided to install some games. Whenever I played games or did a lot of things at once on the PC, it cut off and then turned back on, stating that ASUS anti-surge was activated.

Thinking it was the PSU at fault because it said it protected the PC from an unstable power supply, I sent it back and waited ages for a new one.

Upon fitting the new PSU, the PC would turn on but do nothing else - just the fans would spin but there was no video output and it wouldn't go to POST or boot to Windows. This is so because after waiting 3 minutes, pressing the power button turned it off instantly, which it wouldn't in Windows.

I tried starting the PC with just the graphics card, CPU and nothing else and then worked through the other parts etc. It made no difference.

I then tried unplugging everything from the PSU apart from the cables for the motherboard power and CPU power. It then booted to Windows. I tested it with a game, but the same message about ASUS anti-surge came up.

The next day it wouldn't boot or go to POST again, with just the fans spinning and no video output.

Please can you assist, because I've tried everything to try and fix the issue and checked everything is in place properly.

I've tried everything in "PERFORM THESE STEPS before posting about boot/no video problems".

Thanks.

EDIT: It says 'A2' on the motherboard's screen. Also the BOOT_DEVICE_LED is lit up.

My PC:

• Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz CPU
• Asus Maximus V Gene Mobo
• Corsair Vengence 8GB 1,600MHz CL9 DDR3 RAM
• Palit Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 2GB GFX
• Antec High Current Pro HCP-750 PSU
• Arctic Freezer i30 Cooler
• Corsair Carbide 500R Case
• Seagate 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache HHD
• Crucial 120GB M4 SSD