Why is this radeon 6870 so much cheaper on ebay?

There are a lot of things that go into pricing on E-Bay and it's very different from buying something at a store. The person selling an item will put the start price that they want to and people then bid on it and it could end up the same price as the store or it could be a lot cheaper. then you have the condition of the item as it can be brand new in the original box or it can be used. Used items will naturally sell for a lot less than new unless there is a very short supply and someone really wants it and keeps bidding.
The link you provided shows a dicontinued item at Newegg and you have not said what the price is on e-bay. Is it a buy it now or is it an auction and if so what is the starting price. Are you talking about a card that is a completed auction?

k1ngkev1n1

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2010

130 buy it now theres 2 dif sellers.

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
You do know that the seller can set the price to anything right? Its not a conspiracy haha, the seller simply thought that's how much he can get for it for that time limit and that's why he set it that low. Then the fact that it's used and no warranty from ebay itself since they can't offer one only a store can such as Newegg or Bestbuy for example.

It does make a difference if it's new or used. The sellers are putting a price that they want to get and they want to sell it so they put the price low enough to sell. I do the same thing as I do sell a lot on e-bay and when I feel that I want a good price for something I set the price higher than when I just want to move an item. The other thing you want to do is check the sellers feedback and make sure it's all positive and they have been selling a lot and not just the one item.
When I list an item I always check out if the same item is being sold and for how much because if I put it too high then it won't sell untill the other items have sold so it will take longer. There are no price rules on e-bay and you can list an item for whatever price you want.