New build finally

Approximate Purchase Date: summer time

Budget Range: around 1200$ +/-75$

System Usage from Most to Least Important: games and internet

Parts Not Required: SSD (mushkin chronos deluxe 240gb) and mouse

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: ncix.com, newegg (preferably no MIRs. i need to price match all the items on ncix)

Parts Preferences: Intel, Nividia

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: later on

Monitor Resolution: 1080p. i will most likely be playing on my hdtv if i dont get a monitor

Additional Comments: if i can run passive, it would be the best. otherwise i just need silence

http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/9OMF

i didnt feel like picking out the parts myself.

(just saying, the asrock extreme4 is like 179.99 in canada)

Solution
D

It's close but the Hyper 212 Evo beats an H60 I believe. You have to move up to the very expensive H80 to equal good air cooling and the $100+ H100 will just slightly beat a good air cooler. At least if you add the optional fans so it has a push/pull configuration.
D

Deleted member 217926

Yep looks good although you can drop that to a 550w power supply unless you plan on running 2 x GTX 670s in Sli in the future. If so keep the 750w unit.

G

socket 7 FTW! you could put in either an intel or amd chip. i was so stoked to get a K5-133 and get 101% of a P90 for 1/2 the price; it screamed through DOS games!

then came windows95 . . . . :fou:

D

Deleted member 217926

Lol you were like what........5 or 6? The Sesame Street and Disney websites don't really count. :p

D

Deleted member 217926

Yeah I was just giving him some crap for the way he said he used AMD in it's glory days. ;)

Hell I was using computers when I was that young too but it was an Apple 2! Actually I was a little older. I think my grammer school got it's first computers when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade. So it actually might have been an Apple 2e. Early 1980s. They had monochrome monitors.

I actually had Pong too. That was my version of your early flash games. I was amazed when the Atari 2600 came out and remember the games being as much as games are today, like $50 for a new one. Believe it or not people my age were the first to literally grow up playing video games of some sort.

D

Deleted member 217926

It's close but the Hyper 212 Evo beats an H60 I believe. You have to move up to the very expensive H80 to equal good air cooling and the $100+ H100 will just slightly beat a good air cooler. At least if you add the optional fans so it has a push/pull configuration.

Solution