My 20 + 4 pin connector not sticking properly on a 24Pin Board...

Sometimes it's a little tricky putting a 20+4 pin in. The easiest way I've found is to mate the two (into one) grasp it at the split and place it in as one unit. For some reason, the two pieces sometimes don't always stay together and it may take a few tries to get it. If I recall properly, it took about 6 tries before I got my 20+4 pin in properly.
Keep trying, you'll get it.

Maxert

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

Look in a zoomed in version of the pic
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/547577_10151804692885104_657936064_n.jpg

I don't think I can just force it in, the 2 plastic latches are stopping in from going in...

You never want to force anything in on a computer - some connections may be snug but nothing should be forced. Those two plastic latches should clip onto the other part of the connector which is what makes it easier to put it in as a single unit. Looking at the clip style, you can also try putting the 4 pin in 1st, with the clip setup there, I think that could also work.

Maxert

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

Dude, I you rock.

I had to take out the 20 pin first, then like you said the two plastic latches clip onto the other part first then it became a single unit and i put it in the connector...

THANKS ALOT!!

ps. taking out the plug was totally a pain in the butt... i think i flexed the mother bored a little.. heard alittle of those 'sounds' when things flex... kinda worried, Hope i get my build running soon.

TRENDING THREADS