Closed

CCC Overdrive not working

I have recently realized the ccc overdrive nolonger brings my clocks up to the overdrive I set. I know I had it working before but it does not seem to be working any more.
I have a 6850 and have the settings at 850/1150 but durring gaming the clock no longer go that high, they stay at the stock 775/1000.
I been wondering why my fps have dropped slightly lately but can't figure out why until now.

the small bumps are to 775 core clock. never hitting the 850 I set in CCC. Anyone have any ideas why?
27 answers Last reply
More about overdrive working
  1. does you card have a energy saver ,some card lower ther speed on the gpu core clock mine goes down to 250 and usualy goes back to 750 when i ask power from her
  2. Well its on power save it stays at 300mhz on desktop but when I launch a game it goes to 775, I would expect it to go all the way to 850 but it doesn't.
  3. check if the graphic overdrive is active post a picture of it

4. ^desktop

^loaded
  5. pres the apply on the bottom and you will see the change
  6. was already applied
  7. then that did not work button should loose is green color retry, how do you post a picture on the forum never did it
  8. Those spikes look like the spikes that the browser causes. Those won't change with an overclock. Have you tried going into a game and recording a few minutes of play? It might also be possible that pressing the ? next to the bus interface on the first page will kick it into high clock settings.
  9. yes I have, that was just an example of how high the clock goes, I have tried multiple games such as starcraft 2, skyrim, team fortress 2, civ5. None of which activated the overdrive.
  10. I think that it may be time to uninstall, sweep and reinstall the drivers. It's possible the file controlling the settings got corrupted.
  11. strat the rendering test by pressing the question mark on gpu-z and look at the result

12. heres after what happened when I played 10min of sc2.
  13. look like your overclock did not start,your picture should show the same color for all the button on the overdrive as the destop picture not the loaded one you could try to install the 12.3 cc driver also you should see the gpu overclock speed

14. at the start of the render test
  15. are you in advance mode in the cc center look under preferences if advance mode is check also do you have a line mark auto ajust or test customized settings
  16. its already in advance view.

In regards to a driver wipe, I don't think Ill bother since the OC isn't really needed for me at least. Was just wondering if theres some other problems.
  17. Try other tools to oc and monitor. Maybe Afterburner, etc ?
  18. well both gpu-z and ccc already tells me Im not going above 775. I might just use afterburner to OC once I feel like I want more performance. Only reason I OC'ed in the first place was to get a better 3dmark score.
  19. then could be that your card is lock to that speed and you could not overclock her
  20. shouldn't there be an error if it can't OC to the settings?
  21. could be i use 12.3 cc and if i put the overclock on 4770 formula and apply it everything work at the set speed for gpu or memory
  22. esrever said:
    I have recently realized the ccc overdrive nolonger brings my clocks up to the overdrive I set. I know I had it working before but it does not seem to be working any more.
    I have a 6850 and have the settings at 850/1150 but durring gaming the clock no longer go that high, they stay at the stock 775/1000.
    I been wondering why my fps have dropped slightly lately but can't figure out why until now.
    http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/12/04/12/592.png
    http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/12/04/12/czs.png

the small bumps are to 775 core clock. never hitting the 850 I set in CCC. Anyone have any ideas why?

Just want to compare es, what is your 6850 max temp at 850/1150 ?
    Mine (800/1000) hits 73*C.
  23. Mine was running fine at 850 at about 74C. Never really check the max temp as I know it wasn't that hot.

the temps have gone up since I got it as I don't remember it going above 75C even OC'ed.
  24. My guess :
    1) Used other oc tools before then update the driver (CCC) that somehow it might create conflict
    2) Conflict with previous driver - just reinstall new driver without unistall the old one (driversweeper, etc)
  25. I did use steam to update drivers last time so that might be it.
  26. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Overdrive Graphics