Memroy isn't an option now ;(

Last response: in Video Games
a b Ý World of Warcraft
a b } Memory
February 8, 2005 4:10:05 AM

I went to frys today and got a 512 Meg stick and put it in my system. Wow
did it crash, I also tried the exact same memory that is already in it. same
trouble. Video card reset, random system re-starts / crashes, and constant
boot to safe mode spash screen. This is the second time I have tried to get
more system memory. I have put a lot of new memory in other machines never
had this problem, on my system memory compatibility is like 0. I can play
and have 512 megs in and all is fine, the second I try to add new it gets
ugly. I may be stuck getting a new video card and hope it helps. Or I may
just get another new mother board I am not super impressed with this one
anymore its to flaky with memory..

I use ATM an ECS L4VXA2 motherboard. I am going to start looking for that
motherboard / CPU combo sale w/ something a 3+ gig I think.

I'm kinda bummed I though the Corsiar memory would work for sure. It has
Patriot brand in there now, and I have tried to use another stick of that.
still no luck. :(

More about : memroy option

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
a b } Memory
February 8, 2005 4:10:06 AM

Kedrid wrote:
> I went to frys today and got a 512 Meg stick and put it in my system. Wow
> did it crash, I also tried the exact same memory that is already in it. same
> trouble. Video card reset, random system re-starts / crashes, and constant
> boot to safe mode spash screen. This is the second time I have tried to get
> more system memory. I have put a lot of new memory in other machines never
> had this problem, on my system memory compatibility is like 0. I can play
> and have 512 megs in and all is fine, the second I try to add new it gets
> ugly. I may be stuck getting a new video card and hope it helps. Or I may
> just get another new mother board I am not super impressed with this one
> anymore its to flaky with memory..
>
> I use ATM an ECS L4VXA2 motherboard. I am going to start looking for that
> motherboard / CPU combo sale w/ something a 3+ gig I think.
>
> I'm kinda bummed I though the Corsiar memory would work for sure. It has
> Patriot brand in there now, and I have tried to use another stick of that.
> still no luck. :(

Did you try it in every combination of slots you could? Is it trying to
run mismatched pairs in dual channel? I was putting together a computer
this weekend, and I put the memory in the purple slots instead of the
green, and it would not even boot up.

--
Night_Seer
Anonymous

The board only has 3 slots, and I was tring in it middle slot, I also tried
outside slot and it wouldn't even boot at all. :(  just got worse. thats
honestly as far as I went with it. lol I was freakin' out watchin' my video
card re-set video mode, and keep messin' up, so I just went back to its
original working condition, but I also thought about just getting a 1 gig
stick and removing the original memory and tryin' that just having had the
cash to really get into it yet. I am more just considering getting a whole
new motherboar and starting from scratch, as the board I have now is pretty
old.

prob. a stupid question but how do I check and fix if they are running
missmatched pairs? is it a bios setting???

"Night_Seer" <ecamacho4@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Kedrid wrote:
>> I went to frys today and got a 512 Meg stick and put it in my system. Wow
>> did it crash, I also tried the exact same memory that is already in it.
>> same trouble. Video card reset, random system re-starts / crashes, and
>> constant boot to safe mode spash screen. This is the second time I have
>> tried to get more system memory. I have put a lot of new memory in other
>> machines never had this problem, on my system memory compatibility is
>> like 0. I can play and have 512 megs in and all is fine, the second I try
>> to add new it gets ugly. I may be stuck getting a new video card and hope
>> it helps. Or I may just get another new mother board I am not super
>> impressed with this one anymore its to flaky with memory..
>>
>> I use ATM an ECS L4VXA2 motherboard. I am going to start looking for that
>> motherboard / CPU combo sale w/ something a 3+ gig I think.
>>
>> I'm kinda bummed I though the Corsiar memory would work for sure. It has
>> Patriot brand in there now, and I have tried to use another stick of
>> that. still no luck. :(
>>

> Did you try it in every combination of slots you could? Is it trying to
> run mismatched pairs in dual channel? I was putting together a computer
> this weekend, and I put the memory in the purple slots instead of the
> green, and it would not even boot up.
>
> --
> Night_Seer
a b Ý World of Warcraft
a b } Memory
February 8, 2005 5:43:31 AM

In article <mHVNd.2861$mG6.2185@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
KedridNOSPAM@kedrid.com says...
> The board only has 3 slots, and I was tring in it middle slot, I also tried
> outside slot and it wouldn't even boot at all. :(  just got worse. thats
> honestly as far as I went with it. lol I was freakin' out watchin' my video
> card re-set video mode, and keep messin' up, so I just went back to its
> original working condition, but I also thought about just getting a 1 gig
> stick and removing the original memory and tryin' that just having had the
> cash to really get into it yet. I am more just considering getting a whole
> new motherboar and starting from scratch, as the board I have now is pretty
> old.
>
> prob. a stupid question but how do I check and fix if they are running
> missmatched pairs? is it a bios setting???
>

> "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Kedrid wrote:
> >> I went to frys today and got a 512 Meg stick and put it in my system. Wow
> >> did it crash, I also tried the exact same memory that is already in it.
> >> same trouble. Video card reset, random system re-starts / crashes, and
> >> constant boot to safe mode spash screen. This is the second time I have
> >> tried to get more system memory. I have put a lot of new memory in other
> >> machines never had this problem, on my system memory compatibility is
> >> like 0. I can play and have 512 megs in and all is fine, the second I try
> >> to add new it gets ugly. I may be stuck getting a new video card and hope
> >> it helps. Or I may just get another new mother board I am not super
> >> impressed with this one anymore its to flaky with memory..
> >>
> >> I use ATM an ECS L4VXA2 motherboard. I am going to start looking for that
> >> motherboard / CPU combo sale w/ something a 3+ gig I think.
> >>
> >> I'm kinda bummed I though the Corsiar memory would work for sure. It has
> >> Patriot brand in there now, and I have tried to use another stick of
> >> that. still no luck. :(
> >>

> > Did you try it in every combination of slots you could? Is it trying to
> > run mismatched pairs in dual channel? I was putting together a computer
> > this weekend, and I put the memory in the purple slots instead of the
> > green, and it would not even boot up.
> >
> > --
> > Night_Seer

chances are, since you're using a board with only three slots, the board
doesn't support paired chips or "dual channeling".

have you noticed it consistently rebooting at the same point or is it
totally random as you say? also, does it always make it to at least the
windows load portion or will it crash at post/boot, before it makes it
to windows load?

/CF
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
a b } Memory
February 8, 2005 11:09:15 AM

Kedrid wrote:
> The board only has 3 slots, and I was tring in it middle slot, I also tried
> outside slot and it wouldn't even boot at all. :(  just got worse. thats
> honestly as far as I went with it. lol I was freakin' out watchin' my video
> card re-set video mode, and keep messin' up, so I just went back to its
> original working condition, but I also thought about just getting a 1 gig
> stick and removing the original memory and tryin' that just having had the
> cash to really get into it yet. I am more just considering getting a whole
> new motherboar and starting from scratch, as the board I have now is pretty
> old.
>
> prob. a stupid question but how do I check and fix if they are running
> missmatched pairs? is it a bios setting???
>

> "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Kedrid wrote:
>>
>>>I went to frys today and got a 512 Meg stick and put it in my system. Wow
>>>did it crash, I also tried the exact same memory that is already in it.
>>>same trouble. Video card reset, random system re-starts / crashes, and
>>>constant boot to safe mode spash screen. This is the second time I have
>>>tried to get more system memory. I have put a lot of new memory in other
>>>machines never had this problem, on my system memory compatibility is
>>>like 0. I can play and have 512 megs in and all is fine, the second I try
>>>to add new it gets ugly. I may be stuck getting a new video card and hope
>>>it helps. Or I may just get another new mother board I am not super
>>>impressed with this one anymore its to flaky with memory..
>>>
>>>I use ATM an ECS L4VXA2 motherboard. I am going to start looking for that
>>>motherboard / CPU combo sale w/ something a 3+ gig I think.
>>>
>>>I'm kinda bummed I though the Corsiar memory would work for sure. It has
>>>Patriot brand in there now, and I have tried to use another stick of
>>>that. still no luck. :(
>>>

>>Did you try it in every combination of slots you could? Is it trying to
>>run mismatched pairs in dual channel? I was putting together a computer
>>this weekend, and I put the memory in the purple slots instead of the
>>green, and it would not even boot up.
>>
>>--
>>Night_Seer

Just looked up your motherboard, it doesn't look like it supports dual
channel anyways. I have heard that some motherboards don't like to mix
single and double sided memory, so you might look into that (ask the
person you bought the memory from (unless it was from somewhere like
Best Buy then forget it). I honestly can't tell you.

--
Night_Seer
Anonymous

Kedrid wrote:
> The board only has 3 slots, and I was tring in it middle slot, I also tried
> outside slot and it wouldn't even boot at all. :(  just got worse. thats
> honestly as far as I went with it. lol I was freakin' out watchin' my video
> card re-set video mode, and keep messin' up, so I just went back to its
> original working condition, but I also thought about just getting a 1 gig
> stick and removing the original memory and tryin' that just having had the
> cash to really get into it yet. I am more just considering getting a whole
> new motherboar and starting from scratch, as the board I have now is pretty
> old.
>
> prob. a stupid question but how do I check and fix if they are running
> missmatched pairs? is it a bios setting???

Might also try memtest86. Small DOS app that makes a bootable disk and
checks each memory bit. Just fire it up and let it run and see if it
gets errors.

--
Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
Reply Email: jeff (at) tibben (dot) ca

I looked at that too. I am sure it does not support duel channel now too. so
that wasn't the issue. It could be the single / double sided memory I have
to double check the memory I have again but it was single as I remember and
the Corsair was double. When I got the SAME memory as what was in it, and
experienced the same problem as this time it could also have been double
sided too.( it was still crashing, re-booting, and so on (BTW it was after
it loaded windows most of the time, but once it re-boot at sign in screen
when I put in password to log in as current user.) but was pretty random.
one time it looked like it was working fine, then re-boot when I tried to
start BF:Vietnam then it just re-boot my system completely, and went to a
safe mode boot screen) I still think the solution will ultimately be just
get a new motherboard as this one is old, and I can try later a new video
card seeing as if I get a new motherboard I will want to just build another
computer I can keep this one for LAN games, or make a server out of it.
maybe run Linux or something lol. I really appreciate all the input. It is
frustrating, but it just shows me weak points in system that I can use as an
excuse to upgrade. BF plays ok I don't get frame rate I want but I doubt I
ever will lol.

> Kedrid wrote:
>> The board only has 3 slots, and I was tring in it middle slot, I also
>> tried outside slot and it wouldn't even boot at all. :(  just got worse.
>> thats honestly as far as I went with it. lol I was freakin' out watchin'
>> my video card re-set video mode, and keep messin' up, so I just went back
>> to its original working condition, but I also thought about just getting
>> a 1 gig stick and removing the original memory and tryin' that just
>> having had the cash to really get into it yet. I am more just considering
>> getting a whole new motherboar and starting from scratch, as the board I
>> have now is pretty old.
>>
>> prob. a stupid question but how do I check and fix if they are running
>> missmatched pairs? is it a bios setting???
>>

>> "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>>Did you try it in every combination of slots you could? Is it trying to
>>>run mismatched pairs in dual channel? I was putting together a computer
>>>this weekend, and I put the memory in the purple slots instead of the
>>>green, and it would not even boot up.
>>>
>>>--
>>>Night_Seer
>>

> Just looked up your motherboard, it doesn't look like it supports dual
> channel anyways. I have heard that some motherboards don't like to mix
> single and double sided memory, so you might look into that (ask the
> person you bought the memory from (unless it was from somewhere like Best
> Buy then forget it). I honestly can't tell you.
>
> --
> Night_Seer
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
a b } Memory
February 8, 2005 9:24:06 PM

Colonel_Flagg <colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org> wrote:

>chances are, since you're using a board with only three slots, the board
>doesn't support paired chips or "dual channeling".

Many of the cheaper boards have only three slots, two of them for dual
channeling. It's rather common.

>have you noticed it consistently rebooting at the same point or is it
>totally random as you say? also, does it always make it to at least the
>windows load portion or will it crash at post/boot, before it makes it
>to windows load?

His description sounds rather strange. If the board keeps crashing even
with two identical memory sticks in it the idea of something fried pops
up.

JK'05 aka Elkrider
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
a b } Memory
February 8, 2005 9:24:07 PM

Jan Kannemacher wrote:
> Colonel_Flagg <colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org> wrote:
>

>>chances are, since you're using a board with only three slots, the board
>>doesn't support paired chips or "dual channeling".
>

> Many of the cheaper boards have only three slots, two of them for dual
> channeling. It's rather common.
>

>>have you noticed it consistently rebooting at the same point or is it
>>totally random as you say? also, does it always make it to at least the
>>windows load portion or will it crash at post/boot, before it makes it
>>to windows load?
>

> His description sounds rather strange. If the board keeps crashing even
> with two identical memory sticks in it the idea of something fried pops
> up.
>

> JK'05 aka Elkrider

If it is an old board, it could have bad capacitors, but that would make
it unstable no matter what you threw at it, and he says its stable with
one memory stick in there. Have you tried your single memory stick that
does work in each and every slot? That will tell you if there is
something wrong with the slot itself.

--
Night_Seer
Anonymous

I haven't tried to move the original memory around. No, but it's
normally very stable. I have a flawless system until I try to add memory.
when I go back to original 1 512 meg of the Patriot brand memory it works
great for last 2 years or so. but again this being the second time I have
tried to add memory, and the second time I have had the same exact symptoms
even with same brand, or Corsair memory plus the fact when I got the
Motherboard from Fry's electronics ( in Burbank store ) and the clerk
telling me when I got the board it was (his exact words) "A very flaky board
when it comes to memory, otherwise a great board" I never tended to worry
about the board itself. That also is what made me consider just 1 stick
single bank 1 gig memory.

Although it has come to mind in the past that YES it could be a bad
slot that is why I tried the third slot, and it just wouldn't even boot
then, since I removed the newest memory yesterday I had been running /
playing with no troubles. I have played BF, and MoH, and EQ, and Quake 3.
Its played as always great except the original problem of on some (only)
servers I get a little shutter ( not really game lag but more like the
screen will freeze in BF only ) for a split second ( almost a slide show
effect.) then go back to normal play. I have on Medal of honor all setting
maxed. 1024 X 768 res. I never skip a beat. (well on really crowded servers
I might experience the "slide show a little" but not a game freeze effect
more like a skipped frame feeling. Again this is only on crowded servers
with less then 10 ppl. I will normally be one of top 4 players, and have
great game.

Now I do have another slight problem on BF:Vietnam that I hadn't
mentioned but hasn't happened in a while either, but I have in the past had
"Game only" crash when I was in dog fight in a chopper which machine guns
blazing from both choppers. I am not sure if crash is actually correct here
as what happens is total game freeze. that's it. game over full freeze.
Ctr-alt-del is only way to recover. Its all about end process, then windows
lil error report window comes up, I send or don't send and that it. I do
also BTW have all the most recent updated audio / video / MB drivers. I
check regularly. That is what made me think not enough memory, but slow FPS
keeps drawing me into Video card. I have been saving for a bit and I AM
getting some upgrade. With memory problems now I am leaning to video card
after reading a bit in toms hardware guide....

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041004/vga_c...

After seeing my card with others I tell myself it's poor FPS. I really like
these newsgroups though especially all the help. I appreciate it. thanks
again.

> Jan Kannemacher wrote:
>> Colonel_Flagg <colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org> wrote:
>>

>>>chances are, since you're using a board with only three slots, the board
>>>doesn't support paired chips or "dual channeling".
>>

>> Many of the cheaper boards have only three slots, two of them for dual
>> channeling. It's rather common.
>>

>>>have you noticed it consistently rebooting at the same point or is it
>>>totally random as you say? also, does it always make it to at least the
>>>windows load portion or will it crash at post/boot, before it makes it to
>>>windows load?
>>

>> His description sounds rather strange. If the board keeps crashing even
>> with two identical memory sticks in it the idea of something fried pops
>> up.
>>

>> JK'05 aka Elkrider
>
> If it is an old board, it could have bad capacitors, but that would make
> it unstable no matter what you threw at it, and he says its stable with
> one memory stick in there. Have you tried your single memory stick that
> does work in each and every slot? That will tell you if there is
> something wrong with the slot itself.
>
> --
> Night_Seer
February 20, 2005 2:14:11 PM

"Kedrid" <KedridNOSPAM@kedrid.com> wrote in message
>I looked at that too. I am sure it does not support duel channel now too.
>so that wasn't the issue. It could be the single / double sided memory I
>have to double check the memory I have again but it was single as I
>remember and the Corsair was double. When I got the SAME memory as what was
>in it, and experienced the same problem as this time it could also have
>been double sided too.( it was still crashing, re-booting, and so on (BTW
>it was after it loaded windows most of the time, but once it re-boot at
>sign in screen when I put in password to log in as current user.) but was
>pretty random. one time it looked like it was working fine, then re-boot
>when I tried to start BF:Vietnam then it just re-boot my system completely,
>and went to a safe mode boot screen) I still think the solution will
>ultimately be just get a new motherboard as this one is old, and I can try
>later a new video card seeing as if I get a new motherboard I will want to
>just build another computer I can keep this one for LAN games, or make a
>server out of it. maybe run Linux or something lol. I really appreciate all
>the input. It is frustrating, but it just shows me weak points in system
>that I can use as an excuse to upgrade. BF plays ok I don't get frame rate
>I want but I doubt I ever will lol.
>

>snip<

Your first mistake is buying anything at Frye's IMO.

Got a funky motherboard that's finicky on memory?

Go to http://www.crucial.com for the right stuff!

Remember that when you add memory, hard drives etc. it puts more demand on
your PSU. Make sure that you have enough wattage.

What's the DOM (Date Of Manufacture) of your motherboard and/or PSU? ECS
(EliteGroup) motherboards are known for their bad CAPS (capacitors) from
around a DOM in 2001 to 2003. Abit too, in fact rumor around the net is that
there was almost a class action lawsuit against Abit. Or for that matter
anything made in Taiwan from that date period.

Just look for bulging/leaking capacitor tops on the motherboard & PSU.

I've had many AMD/Via/SiS chipset motherboards that are very fussy on the
memory, (exact same problems that you describe).

Go to http://www.crucial.com for the right stuff!

Over & Out!
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
a b } Memory
February 20, 2005 8:56:23 PM

<snip>
> What's the DOM (Date Of Manufacture) of your motherboard and/or PSU? ECS (EliteGroup)
> motherboards are known for their bad CAPS (capacitors) from around a DOM in 2001 to
> 2003. Abit too, in fact rumor around the net is that there was almost a class action
> lawsuit against Abit. Or for that matter anything made in Taiwan from that date period.
>
> Just look for bulging/leaking capacitor tops on the motherboard & PSU.
<snip>

Yeah I had that happen on an Epox board.
The 'puter got unstable as hell and I couldn't find out why ... until I opened the case :)

ShutEye
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
a b } Memory
February 22, 2005 11:15:06 AM

AWOL wrote:
> "Kedrid" <KedridNOSPAM@kedrid.com> wrote in message
>
>>I looked at that too. I am sure it does not support duel channel now too.
>>so that wasn't the issue. It could be the single / double sided memory I
>>have to double check the memory I have again but it was single as I
>>remember and the Corsair was double. When I got the SAME memory as what was
>>in it, and experienced the same problem as this time it could also have
>>been double sided too.( it was still crashing, re-booting, and so on (BTW
>>it was after it loaded windows most of the time, but once it re-boot at
>>sign in screen when I put in password to log in as current user.) but was
>>pretty random. one time it looked like it was working fine, then re-boot
>>when I tried to start BF:Vietnam then it just re-boot my system completely,
>>and went to a safe mode boot screen) I still think the solution will
>>ultimately be just get a new motherboard as this one is old, and I can try
>>later a new video card seeing as if I get a new motherboard I will want to
>>just build another computer I can keep this one for LAN games, or make a
>>server out of it. maybe run Linux or something lol. I really appreciate all
>>the input. It is frustrating, but it just shows me weak points in system
>>that I can use as an excuse to upgrade. BF plays ok I don't get frame rate
>>I want but I doubt I ever will lol.
>>

>>snip<
>

> Your first mistake is buying anything at Frye's IMO.
>
> Got a funky motherboard that's finicky on memory?
>
> Go to http://www.crucial.com for the right stuff!
>
> Remember that when you add memory, hard drives etc. it puts more demand on
> your PSU. Make sure that you have enough wattage.
>
> What's the DOM (Date Of Manufacture) of your motherboard and/or PSU? ECS
> (EliteGroup) motherboards are known for their bad CAPS (capacitors) from
> around a DOM in 2001 to 2003. Abit too, in fact rumor around the net is that
> there was almost a class action lawsuit against Abit. Or for that matter
> anything made in Taiwan from that date period.
>
> Just look for bulging/leaking capacitor tops on the motherboard & PSU.
>
> I've had many AMD/Via/SiS chipset motherboards that are very fussy on the
> memory, (exact same problems that you describe).
>
> Go to http://www.crucial.com for the right stuff!
>
> Over & Out!

Actually, there was a class action suit against Abit, even thought they
were the only ones acknowledging the problem. So basically Abit loses
the suit, and puts in to place a repair & replace policy. Oh but wait,
its the same policy they had in place BEFORE the suit was filed or won.
I wonder why no other manufacturer was forced to do the same? My MSI
was broken by bad caps. So were lots of other brands.

--
Night_Seer
February 23, 2005 2:38:22 AM

> AWOL wrote:
>> "Kedrid" <KedridNOSPAM@kedrid.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I looked at that too. I am sure it does not support duel channel now
>>>too. so that wasn't the issue. It could be the single / double sided
>>>memory I have to double check the memory I have again but it was
>>>single as I remember and the Corsair was double. When I got the SAME
>>>memory as what was in it, and experienced the same problem as this
>>>time it could also have been double sided too.( it was still
>>>crashing, re-booting, and so on (BTW it was after it loaded windows
>>>most of the time, but once it re-boot at sign in screen when I put in
>>>password to log in as current user.) but was pretty random. one time
>>>it looked like it was working fine, then re-boot when I tried to
>>>start BF:Vietnam then it just re-boot my system completely, and went
>>>to a safe mode boot screen) I still think the solution will
>>>ultimately be just get a new motherboard as this one is old, and I
>>>can try later a new video card seeing as if I get a new motherboard I
>>>will want to just build another computer I can keep this one for LAN
>>>games, or make a server out of it. maybe run Linux or something lol.
>>>I really appreciate all the input. It is frustrating, but it just
>>>shows me weak points in system that I can use as an excuse to
>>>upgrade. BF plays ok I don't get frame rate I want but I doubt I ever
>>>will lol.
>>>

>>>snip<
>>

>> Your first mistake is buying anything at Frye's IMO.
>>
>> Got a funky motherboard that's finicky on memory?
>>
>> Go to http://www.crucial.com for the right stuff!
>>
>> Remember that when you add memory, hard drives etc. it puts more
>> demand on your PSU. Make sure that you have enough wattage.
>>
>> What's the DOM (Date Of Manufacture) of your motherboard and/or PSU?
>> ECS (EliteGroup) motherboards are known for their bad CAPS
>> (capacitors) from around a DOM in 2001 to 2003. Abit too, in fact
>> rumor around the net is that there was almost a class action lawsuit
>> against Abit. Or for that matter anything made in Taiwan from that
>> date period.
>>
>> Just look for bulging/leaking capacitor tops on the motherboard &
>> PSU.
>>
>> I've had many AMD/Via/SiS chipset motherboards that are very fussy on
>> the memory, (exact same problems that you describe).
>>
>> Go to http://www.crucial.com for the right stuff!
>>
>> Over & Out!
>>

> Actually, there was a class action suit against Abit, even thought
> they were the only ones acknowledging the problem. So basically Abit
> loses the suit, and puts in to place a repair & replace policy. Oh
> but wait, its the same policy they had in place BEFORE the suit was
> filed or won.
> I wonder why no other manufacturer was forced to do the same? My
> MSI
> was broken by bad caps. So were lots of other brands.

Just buy a Dell.
I have no hardware problems :)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
a b } Memory
February 23, 2005 2:38:23 AM

DB wrote:
> Night_Seer <ecamacho4@hotmail.com> wrote in
>

>>AWOL wrote:
>>
>>>"Kedrid" <KedridNOSPAM@kedrid.com> wrote in message

>>>Your first mistake is buying anything at Frye's IMO.
>>>
>>>Got a funky motherboard that's finicky on memory?
>>>
>>>Go to http://www.crucial.com for the right stuff!
>>>
>>>Remember that when you add memory, hard drives etc. it puts more
>>>demand on your PSU. Make sure that you have enough wattage.
>>>
>>>What's the DOM (Date Of Manufacture) of your motherboard and/or PSU?
>>>ECS (EliteGroup) motherboards are known for their bad CAPS
>>>(capacitors) from around a DOM in 2001 to 2003. Abit too, in fact
>>>rumor around the net is that there was almost a class action lawsuit
>>>against Abit. Or for that matter anything made in Taiwan from that
>>>date period.
>>>
>>>Just look for bulging/leaking capacitor tops on the motherboard &
>>>PSU.
>>>
>>>I've had many AMD/Via/SiS chipset motherboards that are very fussy on
>>>the memory, (exact same problems that you describe).
>>>
>>>Go to http://www.crucial.com for the right stuff!
>>>
>>>Over & Out!
>>>

>>Actually, there was a class action suit against Abit, even thought
>>they were the only ones acknowledging the problem. So basically Abit
>>loses the suit, and puts in to place a repair & replace policy. Oh
>>but wait, its the same policy they had in place BEFORE the suit was
>>filed or won.
>> I wonder why no other manufacturer was forced to do the same? My
>> MSI
>>was broken by bad caps. So were lots of other brands.
>>

> Just buy a Dell.
> I have no hardware problems :)

Have you ever TRIED talking to dell customer service...consider yourself
lucky if you haven't.

--
Night_Seer
!